What are some "must sees" in Bermuda?

AboutTimeHW

We've been to Bermuda many, many times. If you're a golfer, you'll be in paradise! I can highly recommend the Port Royal Golf Course (located in Southampton), I've found it to be one of the best in Bermuda.

Crystal Cave is neat place to visit but, just be advised the incline is steep! Going down is no problem but, coming back up...it's a bit tough even if you're in shape!

One of my absolute favorite shore tours in Bermuda is the "Don't Stop the Carnival Party" on Hawkin's Island. It's a lot of fun with good food.

If you have time to make it over to St. Georges don't forget to get a picture of yourselves in the stocks!

Check out the shops in Dockyard, lots of people just tend to pass them by.

I don't recommend renting mopeds. I've seen people hurt and, I mean badly hurt renting mopeds and, yet people continue to do it, thinking it isn't going to happen to them. The ferries and buses make it quick and easy to get around the entire island.

Hope these tips help!

Nick

I don't recommend renting mopeds. I've seen people hurt and, I mean badly hurt renting mopeds and, yet people continue to do it, thinking it isn't going to happen to them. The ferries and buses make it quick and easy to get around the entire island.

Yes! The term "road rash" is common vocabulary in Bermuda, even often appearing in local newspaper articles. The public transportation worked well for me when I was there, but it does stop running earlier than you would need for night time activities. At least it did a few years ago! :)

Theron

St. Georges is a beautiful, quaint little town. We loved Horseshoe Bay and Tobacco Bay (although the beach here is small - you can keep walking out to St. Catherine's if it's too crowded). We enjoyed the Dockyards as well.

Definately go to Jobson's cove for a beautifully scenic but small beach. It is also good for snorkeling - if you swim near the rocks.

Another great idea is to take a horse and buggy ride around Hamilton.

The rugged coastline is absolutely beautiful and the beaches are amazing. If you rent mopeds, you can explore the "beaches less traveled" and even find some that you have to swim out and around the rocks to get to.

Bermuda is one of the most beautiful and hospitable islands you will ever find - enjoy it!!!!

:confused:

I have been there twice and my favorite hot spots are ...

Bermuda Zoo and Aquarium

Gibbs Hill Lighthouse

Jobsons Cover

Horseshoe Bay

Familycruzer, would you recommend the Zoo for someone that has difficulty walking? I've seen photos and it looks great. Also, is it an all day tour? thru the ship?

Thanks for your help.

We've cruised to Bermuda several times and are going back again at the end of August. My all time favorite "shore excursion" is the helmet diving. As for beaches, I'd say you must see Horseshoe Bay. We also like Shelley Bay - it's small but not very crowded, there is a snack bar and restrooms, and the water is very calm.

• 2 weeks later...
CruzeLover:

Where is Shelley Bay? Is it accessible by bus? You said you are sailing the Empress at the end of August. I am sailing her August 26. What date are you sailing?

Shelley Bay is on the North Shore Road about 1/2 way between Hamilton & St George and is easily accessible by bus or taxi.

Archived