Blue Hole Park

marianneyaya

Has anyone been here? It appears to be close to the Crystal Caves, which we are going to. Is it worth a visit?

I have heard of it but not visited. If you are going to the Crystal Caves, I would recommend seeing the famous Swizzle Inn. Which is a lot of fun. If it is a hot day there is also an ice cream parlor across the street from the Swizzle Inn called Bailey's Ice Cream and Food D'lites Restaurant. The original blue hole is Devil's hole aquarium located near the Bermuda Aquarium.

Funny you should ask.

I had seen Blue Hole Park on the tourist map, and went exploring last August. We took the bus from St. Georges and got off at the gas station just on the other side of the causeway. The park is basically a nature walk along Harrington sound in an undeveloped area in the woods between the Causeway and the Crystal Caves. I think it is some kind of conservation land. (at least I hope so) The main road leads to a beautiful blue pond and to the grave of Rocky, the star of a Dolphin show that was held on the site years ago.

On the day we walked through, we didn't meet a soul in the park. It was so peaceful.

In retrospect, I don't know if it was such a good idea to go off into secluded woods by ourselves, but we did enjoy the walk.

I found it interesting that when I asked local people about the park, no one seemed to know anything about it.

The Devils hole is something else, in a different area. If you send me your email address, I would be happy to email you photo's of Blue Hole Park.

Has anyone been here? It appears to be close to the Crystal Caves, which we are going to. Is it worth a visit?

I just viewed a video of Blue Hole park and it looked interesting. It is on the Bermuda yellow pages website. The address is www.bermudayp.com/bda-video.html . Hope it helps. It is in the Devonshire/Smith video.

NCL Majesty Aug 2004

NCL Majesty Sept 2005

NCL Majesty Sept 2006

Thanks for your input. I just got home yesterday. We did not go to the Blue Hole Park. The day we arrived there was a possible transit strike, and the buses were not running. We took a taxi, and the driver explained it as a nature walk...nothing else really to see...just nature. He also said you cannot go into the cave...or see into it...too dark. We asked a couple workers at the Caves (which, BTW, were very nice...but no jacket is needed!!!) and they were there on school trips and never went back. So, instead, we opted for Swizzle Inn, then went to St. David's Lighthouse, then Tobacco Bay. Expensive taxi day. The transit dept did not go on strike and we enjoyed the ferry and bus the next 2 days.

Archived