Cabanas Seaside Dining at Kahala Resort

lynnck7

Has anyone done the sunset dinner at the Cabanas Seaside at the Kahala Resort on Oahu (formerly the Mandarin Oriental)? Is it worth the price? Any advice on booking? Which seating would be best in order to catch the sunset? Should we go early to cruise the grounds?

Old posts: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=1532087&postcount=9

and

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=2206279&postcount=12

Make sure you get here early enough to enjoy the sunset and to get a beachside cabana. Some other posters have come here later and have been relagated to the cabanas that are farther away which takes away a large portion of their appeal.

Spleen

PS: the Kahala used to be known as the Kahala Mandarin Oriental. You might find some more reviews if you searched under the old name.

• 3 weeks later...

We stayed at the Kahala in 10/04 and are returning again in 10/06 for a two day pre cruise stay. We dined at the Seaside Cabanas and it was excellent, but expensive. It was about $120 for two of us but we didn't realize that most of the dishes are large enough for two. The atmosphere was to die for although you can't actually see the sun from the resort due to Diamond Head. It didn't matter though you see the gorgeous sky and water. Timing depends on the time of year. We had dinner at 6:15pm ..they only book dinners at certain times..and it was dusk before we were done. If you can afford the splurge I highly recommend it and can't wait to go back.

They don't do Cabanas for dinner any more :( I called the Kahala myself to confirm - as of the end of July, they won't be serving dinner. I asked the reservations girl why and she didn't know either - she did say that it had been relatively popular.

Spleen

Archived