Have you used riolife tours in Rio?

crazy4cruisn

We used Riolife for three days in January of '05 and found them to be totally reliable and informative. They picked us up at the airport and three days later dropped us off at the cruise ship. Prior to the trip they told us of a hotel in LeBlon and we enjoyed it immensely. We went all over the place in Rio and to Petropolis. You'll have a great time.

Thanks for the response. I have not been able to find anyone else who had used them. I was a little confused because they seem to have 2 web sites. www.riolife.com and www.travelrio.com. I think they said Luiz Amaral owned both. Today I tried to go to travelrio and got a message that the web site had not been renewed. I have been writing to them and had good response but am a little concerned about who they are, so I was glad to get your reply. When did they ask you to pay them? What did you think of Petropolis? WE are in Rio 2 days and wondered if it would be better just to stay and do things in Rio or go there.

Thanks,

Nancy

Nancy:

Luis Amaral is, I believe, the owner of the tour service. Our tour guide was "Cecil" and he was wonderful; couldn't ask for anyone better. We toured for three days. If we had had only two days I believe that we would have stayed in Rio. Petropolis was a bonus and it was time very well spent.

As I recall, we paid for the first day of the tour at the end of that day and settled up for the rest on the last day of the tour. I remember that Luis was very responsive to my e-mail and I bet he discontinued one of the e-mail addresses because of the confusion it was causing. Have a great trip!!

Jim

We went to a dinner show as part of a Princess excursion at a place called the Plataforma or Platforma. I can't recommend it because the place appears to be a tinder box. The building is wooden, the hallway from the outside to the seating area is a serpentine maze and the sno-smoking rules are laxly enforced. I was never so happy to get get out of a place unscathed as that joint. I'm sure the guide will have a much better alternative.

Jim

• 2 weeks later...

Archived