De Castro Tours in Egypt

n2chocola8

Mike, thank you so much for your information. I may get a few EGT just for extra tips, like you suggested. I will try to make sure I also have some small bills in dollars too. What is a galabia?:confused: Is that the head gear. I want to get one for my son since he collects different type of hats. I am so looking forward to this cruise only about 5 months to go. I really appreciate all the help that you have given me.

Delores

The galabia (or galabyia or jellabia) is the whole outfit, long robes and there is also a sort of over robe. They range from plain to very fancy. Mine is toward the fancier side. You can see it at

http://www.elite.net/~thehalls/egypt6.html

You can find them in any of the many shops around the tourist places.

The headgear alone is sold everyplace you go by multiple street vendors for very small prices ... you can get one for a couple of bucks near the sphinx or pyramids.

Gee --five months. I am lurking here since we are on the 11/2 trip. It is over seven months for us! We will be looking forward to you folks reports!;)

Have a GREAT cruise!

We are planning a trip to the Holy Land that includes Egypt. We are thinking of leaving the ship and spending the night in Cairo and then rejoin the ship the next day to save time while in port. Has anyone used De Castro Tours and can you please give me some feedback on them?

Thank you!

We are using http://www.info@nilebluetours.com They have been very timely with replying to our queries , we are doing a Alexandria/ Cairo overnighter staying at the same hotel as the ship, Hazem has tailored our tour to our needs ,$100 cheaper than the ship & you pay Hazim on arrivel , De Castro wants 50% deposit. Mail me at http://www.margaret_hinkley@yahoo.com if you need more info.

We are planning a trip to the Holy Land that includes Egypt. We are thinking of leaving the ship and spending the night in Cairo and then rejoin the ship the next day to save time while in port. Has anyone used De Castro Tours and can you please give me some feedback on them?

Thank you!

We are using http://www.info@nilebluetours.com They have been very timely with replying to our queries , we are doing a Alexandria/ Cairo overnighter staying at the same hotel as the ship, Hazem has tailored our tour to our needs ,$100 cheaper than the ship & you pay Hazim on arrivel , De Castro wants 50% deposit. Mail me at http://www.margaret_hinkley@yahoo.com if you need more info.

• 3 weeks later...
We are using www.info@nilebluetours.com They have been very timely with replying to our queries , we are doing a Alexandria/ Cairo overnighter staying at the same hotel as the ship, Hazem has tailored our tour to our needs ,$100 cheaper than the ship & you pay Hazim on arrivel , De Castro wants 50% deposit. Mail me at www.margaret_hinkley@yahoo.com if you need more info.

I loved that about Nile Blue Tours. No deposit necessary. And they were absolutely phenomenal. Always very professional.

I imagine they realize that no one ever just changes their mind and decides to stay on the ship, so they have few, if any cancellations, so it works out fine for them.

Just for the record, I believe their website is ***** and their email address is info@nilebluetours.com.

• 1 month later...
:cool: Would someone please tell me what the web address is for DeCastro...We will be on the ROYAL PRINCESS and would to book a two day, one night tour..

thanks for your help...

ED and ELSIE:cool: :cool:

Hello

We are going on the Royal on september 5th and we were interested also in an ovenight? Will you be going at that time ? If so or if not :D did you book the overnight with De cAstro? Thanks

Lorraine and Chuck gutowiczl@msn.com

• 7 months later...

I was in Egypt about 5 years ago and we brought $100 in ones to give out as tips. The US money was appreciated everyplace. The Egyptian Museum is astonishing. The best and most interesting museum. The statues are the height of the building and you wonder how they ever got them inside. They probably built it around them. There are mummies and mummy cases everywhere and it wasn't only king tut who had a fancy case. Jewelry was very expensive everywhere but in the Mena House Hotel which had sensible prices for nice things. Also in the Cairo Hilton (right next door to the Museum)is a shop at the entrance which is called Miss Egypt which has such fun things like ornaments for your tree - little belly dancers and men with camels. We didn't go to shop but to see all of the wonderful antiquities and take a cruise on the Nile. Luxor is really amazing and the tombs are what you come to Egypt to see. Enjoy.

We just got back... the USD is dropping and in Turkey the vendors were asking for euros and reluctantly would take dollars (yes--I said vendor/Turkey and reluctant in one sentence).

Even at the pyramids we heard euros--euros--different color, but then we paid for the tour in USD and tipped in USD because that is what we had with us. For little things like the restroom guy we tipped in dollars in Egypt.

So times may be changing quickly--just try to keep informed.

Archived