Hawaii anyone?

yikes- that's a bad thought. DH and I are headed to Hawaii toward the end of Sept. via the Radiance. I hope we don't encounter any foul weather. :(

This will be our 1st time to Hawaii and 1st cruise over 7 days. I'm excited about being on a ship for 2 weeks, but nervous about the long trip there and back.

About 6 years ago I was on the Vision from Vancouver to Hawaii in the fall, and then I flew to the islands for a land based vacation 4 years later in May. The weather there was the same both times - absolutely fabulous! The temperature difference between their summer and winter seasons is only a couple of degrees or so. You will have a fantastic time either season. I travel in the fall most every vacation, and I never worry about the weather. It is something you can do nothing about, so I just go with the flow. I have been lucky as I have cruised every year since 1988, almost exclusively in the fall, and have never been troubled by really bad weather. Enjoy your trip!

I already have a cruise booked to Hawaii on Radiance April 28 2007. This will be our first 14 night cruise. Have done 11 night before and loved it so I'm not concerned about it being too long. I'm just disappointed that Kauia was eliminated as a port. I've been there before and just loved it.

Hi

We did Radiance in October 2005 the weather was great and we had a fantastic time.Radiance is a great ship with a wonderful crew. We loved it so much we are doing Panama with them this October.

Hope this helps

Al:)

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Shipwreck!

Good to see you are booked on the April 28th sailing, check out the Roll Call for this cruise and join the crowd already there, there is a whole bunch of us already getting to know each other and some have been to Hawaii before so loads of info :D

Mo

We did the Radiance in 2001 in October and the weather was nice. The weather in Vancouver is better at that time than April. So if you are going to Vancouver which I recommend, September sounds better, in fact that is wonderful time to visit that area. The temps in Hawaii will be about the same. In April you might be there during whale season, it is near the end of the season though. We visited Hawaii in 2003 on the Legend of the Seas in March and we saw tons of whales!

jc

Birdegal...We are booked 4/28/07 also. Where are you from? We are from outside Nashvile, TN. There will be 2 of us right now.

We are from Newark, OH which is about 30 miles east of Columbus. Will just be DH and myself. Can't wait!

Archived