Rental car return time

lomillerin

We are renting cars in all ports. When I booked the cars, I put a time that was a little later than I thought we would return it to be safe.

One post I read mentioned adjusting rental car times to when our itinenary changed to leave an hour early.

Will a rental car company charge to return a car early by a few hours?

So, if we have a one day rental booked from 8:00 am to 6:00pm, will it be a problem to pick it up at say 8:20am and return at 4:00pm (just an example)?

I just made a close guess at to the times when I booked.

That is what I figured, but one person suggested differently.

How long do you think a rental car place would hold a rental car? If we book it for 8:00 and pick it up at say 9:00am, will they cancel the reservations?

I'm not sure what the policies are, but we've had delayed flights and thus delayed pick up in the past. We've never been more than a couple of hours late and had no trouble. You might want to let them know that you are on a cruise ship. They are well aware that time changes do happen. I just can't imagine that they expect everyone to show up on the dot. Probably best to check the policies of the companies you rent from.

beachchick

Archived