Snorkel-Cabo San Lucas

becca23

• 2 weeks later...

Hey, My wife and I went on the Pirate ship / snorkeling excursion this past March. They gave us about an hour in the water and it was great. It was both of our first time snorkeling so I really don't have anything to compare it to yet but we were two of the few that actually saw fish. Alot of people swam straight toward a beach area. We went to the rocks. Alot of ribbon fish and puffer fish as well as some larger fish that I have no idea what they were. Hope this helps.

cacrazycruisers

• 2 weeks later...

The snorkling was part of the pirate ship excursion. We had a little over an hour in the water. Once back at port we had about three hours to walk around Cabo for some shopping. If you wanted to continue snorkling and had your own gear it would be just a short walk up the beach to some nice areas.

The snorkling was part of the pirate ship excursion. We had a little over an hour in the water. Once back at port we had about three hours to walk around Cabo for some shopping. If you wanted to continue snorkling and had your own gear it would be just a short walk up the beach to some nice areas.

Good info...Thanks....... :)

* Could you tell us more about Pirate Ship and snorkelling?

* What did you see underwater, anybody feed the fish?

* Did you get in the water ocean side or sea side?

* What time of year?

* Did you eat or drink after the Pirate Ship?

The pirate ship is an original ship that has an old single cylinder engine. It motors out of the harbor and then sets sails. They ask the passengers to help raise the sails. Pirate type music plays. You sail past lands end and for about an hour and a half you sail around the coast of Cabo entering the pacific ocean. Water gets a little rough where the Sea meets the Ocean. Makes for a fun ride. We saw dozens of dolphins that swam past the boat. Some very close. You then sail back into the Sea of Cortez where they anchor and suit everyone up for some snorkling. They provide fruit and drinks onboard the ship. We saw puffer fish, ribbon fish and about three or four other species that I could not identify. We were there early April and the water was fine. No wetsuits required.

Did a snorkel trip off cruise ship there and it was the worst snorkeling trip I ever had. We were outr near the arch and saw a whole lot of sand. Only good part was getting back aboard and being asked "Cerveza, rum punch, tequila?" and responding "Yes".

Did a snorkel trip off cruise ship there and it was the worst snorkeling trip I ever had. We were outr near the arch and saw a whole lot of sand. Only good part was getting back aboard and being asked "Cerveza, rum punch, tequila?" and responding "Yes".

Which cruise ship and which snorkel trip???? Did anyone feed or chum the fish? We are doing the Pirate/Snorkel trip with the Mercury :) ... They must take you to the best snorkel location :confused: rrriightt

I did the ecco snorkle tour off the Regal Princess it was great.

You go on a small zodiac boat with about 10 people went around Los Arcos saw sea lions then motored off to snorkle cant say where but it was good the water was alittle cloudy they gave us crackers to feed the fish then we motored back to the peir. The ride was very fun and fast in the little zodiac I would do it again.

You go on a small zodiac boat with about 10 people went around Los Arcos saw sea lions then motored off to snorkle cant say where but it was good the water was alittle cloudy they gave us crackers to feed the fish then we motored back to the peir. The ride was very fun and fast in the little zodiac I would do it again.

Thanks for info :) We will order room service, many small boxes of dry cereal and take them on our snorkel trip.:cool:

Thanks for info :) We will order room service, many small boxes of dry cereal and take them on our snorkel trip.:cool:

There are a bunch of different options for snorkeling in Cabo.... I have been there a number of times on vacations. If you want a party and snorkle at the same time, then check out Pez Gato or the Tropicat.... both will take you to Santa Maria cove which is a pretty good snorkeling spot, and then the tequila will flow afterwards... its a fun party.

If your looking for a little more alone time, take a water taxi over to Lovers Beach.. they are only $5 per person each way, and then do your own private snorkeling there. Becareful however NOT to swim or snorkle on the Pacific side unless you are an EXPERT swimmer. The under tows are deadly. There is lots to see under the water on the cove side. Besure to take a snack lunch and water if you go to Lovers Beach, as there isnt much there except for sand!!!

Good LUCK!!!! :)

There are a bunch of different options for snorkeling in Cabo.... I have been there a number of times on vacations. If you want a party and snorkle at the same time, then check out Pez Gato or the Tropicat.... both will take you to Santa Maria cove which is a pretty good snorkeling spot, and then the tequila will flow afterwards... its a fun party.

Thanks for info :)

We are on Pirate/Snorkel Tour with Celebrity :) 12/1/06 Mercury

Any tips for the trip? :rolleyes: How deep? :eek: What do you see underwater? Do they make you wear a vest :confused:

• 1 month later...

I planning the ecco snorkling trip from the Diamond Princess on 10/26/06. We have never snorkled before. I will have my 8 yr old daughter do you think it is safe for her ? Do they offer a float vest or noodle ? I'm a large guy is it easy to get in and out of the Zodiac ?

Archived