Is it worth the extra money for a suite?

This is our first cruise on rccl and i am booked in 2 balcony rooms there are 8 of us 5 kids and 3 adults .I was wondering if it would be worth it for us to upgrade to owners suite but the $ is substantial.This is a big vacation for us and i dont mind spending the money if it is worth it .Any advise would be great!!

I would probably go for the 2 rooms for more privacy and to save money. Does the ship have a concierge lounge that you would be able to use with the suite? Is that important to you? Don't forget you will have to pay higher tips for the suite. I have been in suites on Celebrity (not RCCL) and the furnishings and service were not anything special to warrant the higher prices we paid. Yes, there was more room and some freebies but you will have plenty of space with 2 rooms.

This is our first cruise on rccl and i am booked in 2 balcony rooms there are 8 of us 5 kids and 3 adults .I was wondering if it would be worth it for us to upgrade to owners suite but the $ is substantial.This is a big vacation for us and i dont mind spending the money if it is worth it .Any advise would be great!!

The owner's suite is big, but it is still only one room.

If I were you, I would stick with the 2 balcony cabins - overall you will probably appreciate the 2nd bathroom the most!

If you really want a suite, I would suggest the Royal Family Suite - it has 2 bedrooms and I think, although I'm not 100% sure - 2 bathrooms. These suites are really hard to come by - you would need to try and book it well in advance.

Good Luck with whatever you choose!

An OS only sleeps four, so you would still have to have the second cabin. The pluses to the OS are both a shower and a tub, lots more storage space and depending on the ship, a larger balcony. Also, depending on the ship, access to the concierge lounge. You don't mention if you have currently have connecting rooms and if that is important to you, may be harder to get with an OS.

the ones i have already booked are connecting but i was going to get 2 owners suites i am aware that they only have one room so i know i would need 2 they would not be connecting but are side by side

You may want to look into the Family Suite if the ship your are going on has one. They are 2 Bedroom - 2 Bathroom suites that are about 4 times the size of a Balcony room. Plus you get access to the Concierge Room if the ship has one and Priority Check In. They hold 5-8 people and you get discouted rates on person 3-8.

Hope this helps some.

the ones i have already booked are connecting but i was going to get 2 owners suites i am aware that they only have one room so i know i would need 2 they would not be connecting but are side by side

I would look into one Owners Suite and one regular balcany cabin. That way you will have the larger cabin as a meeting place.

Have fun planning :D

###

personally I'd elect for the Royal Family Suite if it's available. We had the RFS on Serenade for 2 adults and 3 teens and loved it. The kids had their space and bathroom and we had ours (you will love the master bath). If the RFS wasn't available I'd stick with the 2 balconies.

There is a 5 person minimum for the RFS... and when you book, the room has to be unlocked by a reservation manager in order to book it. This prevents someone booking it with only 4 people.

The first 2 people pay full fare which is somewhat steep but then person 3-8 pay a fairly small fee so it equals out.

Hope this helps.

Archived