How about this one?

I am going to order this outfit for my son's wedding....and then also wear it on my cruise in January. I think I am going to go with the dyable shoes. (Shoes are the hardest thing for me to buy - I wear a size 4 wide...sometimes I can get in a 5 1/2 but still they are hard to find too.)

http://www.chadwicks.com/Product.aspx?PfId=80211&ProductTypeId=1&size=8&color=WISTERIA

Does Payless also do dyable clutches or purses ??

I think you will look very pretty. I'd not do a dyeable shoe, though, rather a silver or beaded sandal instead.

My biggest gripe with dyeables is that if they get the tiniest spot on them, it shows up. So, if it rains, you have a drink spilled on you, there is water on the floor or street, the shoes are ruined. Edited: That and the fact that you are at the mercy of the person dyeing the shoe. I worked at a shoe store in my teens, we did a huge dye business (in the late 60's, early 70's, everyone had dyeables for bridesmaids), the person dyeing was the stockboy. He did it if he had worked there for years, or it was his first day.

A sandal or silver shoe could also be worn with another outfit in the future.

I think you will look very pretty. I'd not do a dyeable shoe, though, rather a silver or beaded sandal instead.

My biggest gripe with dyeables is that if they get the tiniest spot on them, it shows up. So, if it rains, you have a drink spilled on you, there is water on the floor or street, the shoes are ruined.

A sandal or silver shoe could also be worn with another outfit in the future.

I agree with Kathy that silver or beaded sandals would be perfect! And also give you many options to wear with other outfits.

My mom has an outfit that is very similar to yours. It is lovely and she says it is very comfortable to wear.

My biggest gripe with dyeables is that if they get the tiniest spot on them, it shows up. So, if it rains, you have a drink spilled on you, there is water on the floor or street, the shoes are ruined. Edited: That and the fact that you are at the mercy of the person dyeing the shoe. I worked at a shoe store in my teens, we did a huge dye business (in the late 60's, early 70's, everyone had dyeables for bridesmaids), the person dyeing was the stockboy. He did it if he had worked there for years, or it was his first day.

Another problem with dyables is that they don't always look the same under different kinds of lighting. Years ago, we had shoes dyed for my daughter's wedding attendants to match their peach-colored satin dresses. I picked them up at the shoe store and they matched the dresses perfectly under the fluorescent lights in the shoe store. Then I took them outside into the sunlight and they were just enough off-color to not look good (more "pinky-peach" than "peach). We had one pair redyed to match in daylight, and it didn't look good under fluorescent lights. I know there's a perfectly good scientific reason why this happens, but it would have been a big problem if her wedding and reception hadn't been at night and under artificial lighting. It was noticeable in some of the close-up flash-lit wedding pictures, though.

Regarding the size issue, I also have hard-to-fit feet (although I am a 7.5 wide). I buy most of my shoes at Zappos.com. It is so much easier than slogging through stores trying to find something in my size only to learn they don't have the right color, etc.

Zappos may be a bit higher priced, but for me it is worth it. And they have free shipping and free return shipping if they don't work out for you.

Just having done a quick search, you'll probably need to get a 5 W or EE, but at least there are some options.

That is a lovely outfit. I would like it myself. I get Chadwick's catalog and never saw that dress, but thanks to yor post, I see that it is available only on the Internet.

If you are buying the blue version of the dress, I think silver shoes and a silver evening bag would be very smart looking. I hope you can find comfy shoes in your size. In my experience evening shoes are especially hard to find a wide size.

Thank you all for your comments....I have looked at Zappo's and did not find anything there for me...I have had trouble with their shoes before...they say wide but they are not.

I found this shoe site....I can order several pairs to try one then send back the ones that I don't want without a restocking fee. The prices look good to me. http://dyeableshoecompany.stores.yahoo.net/cl48sh.html

I know it says dyable shoes but I was looking at silver ones or the jeweled ones....and I can probably do a size 6 wide.

Archived