Submarine excursion - Grand Cayman

slukas

Traveling on RCI's FOTS soon. Question on the Atlantis submarine shore excursion:

How much actual walking is involved?

Can we leave our wheelchair near the ship's entry/exit point?

My husband has left-sided weakness due to a stroke in January 06. We will be taking the manual wheelchair for the ship. Would like to know if it is necessary on this excursion. He can walk, but tires easily.

We already know about the ladder on the sub and will be able to navigate that part ok.

The other excursion of concern is the helicopter ride over stingray city. I'll post this on another thread, also.

Thanks for any advice.

slukas

Traveling on RCI's FOTS soon. Question on the Atlantis submarine shore excursion:

How much actual walking is involved?

Can we leave our wheelchair near the ship's entry/exit point?

My husband has left-sided weakness due to a stroke in January 06. We will be taking the manual wheelchair for the ship. Would like to know if it is necessary on this excursion. He can walk, but tires easily.

We already know about the ladder on the sub and will be able to navigate that part ok.

The other excursion of concern is the helicopter ride over stingray city. I'll post this on another thread, also.

Thanks for any advice.

slukas

I took my 98 yo great great great grandmother on the atlantis 2 years ago. Only walking we had was down the pier. They had a transport boat waiting just off the pier. Stairs down to the transport boat and stairs down into the sub She had NO problem what so ever. I can suggest if the sea has High swals to sit in the back of the boat as the people in the front got wet. Not a bad thing for me on a hottt day, but grandma sure would not have liked it.

I would suggest bringing bottled water along. Sub had air conditioning, but the ride over on the transport boat got hott.

Archived