Naples-How to Get to Archeological Museum

Our November Nautica cruise will be in Naples for 5 hours. We plan on spending the time at the Archeological Museum. However, I've read alarming posts on this board about the taxi drivers at the port being nasty and preying on tourists. My husband - who is quite mobile - nevertheless cannot walk great distances or up/down hills.

I'd welcome suggestions about getting to/from the Archeological Museum without being harassed or ripped off. P.S. We've already been to Pompeii, Amalfi etc. Thanks.

We used the hop on hop off bus. It was more expensive than I expected, but it takes you right to the door of the museum, there is a bench to wait for the next bus when you are done, and you get a nice tour of the city. There will be people in the terminal to direct you as to where to go to buy the tickets.

Enjoy!

Our November Nautica cruise will be in Naples for 5 hours. We plan on spending the time at the Archeological Museum. However, I've read alarming posts on this board about the taxi drivers at the port being nasty and preying on tourists. My husband - who is quite mobile - nevertheless cannot walk great distances or up/down hills.

I'd welcome suggestions about getting to/from the Archeological Museum without being harassed or ripped off. P.S. We've already been to Pompeii, Amalfi etc. Thanks.

First, I would think the cruise line would help arrange a taxi for you once you are on the ship, not from here. I have had both bad and good experiences in naples w/taxis. The most recent was a good one. Just keep asking till you find on you are satistified with. you should not pay more than 10E for this trip each way, it is a straight shot, and not that far.

• 2 weeks later...

We walked there from the dock. It's a little farther than I thought but it took about 30 minutes. The ship's map pointed out where we needed to go. A taxi should make it in 5-10 minutes. Perhaps the ride was too short for them.

Archived