Shuttle from Orlando to Glory

gstepic

From reading other posts there obviously is a shuttle from the Orlando airport to Port Carnival (not sure if this spelling correct). Is there a hotel or motel fairly close to the Glory, in other words, any recommendations? What is the cost of the shuttle? I know there is a forum specifically for this type of question but my guess is the forum may have more experienced cruisers that may have some good input.

We are going to stay in a Fairfield resort in Disneyworld when we get back for a few days. My guess is a cab from the pier to the resort (my guess is the trip is about 40 miles) would be way too expensive and maybe we would be better off just renting a car for a day. Once we are at the resort we really do not need a car, but maybe renting a car for three days would be much less than taking transportation from the pier to the resort and then a cab from the resort to the airport. Any suggestions welcome.

From reading other posts there obviously is a shuttle from the Orlando airport to Port Carnival (not sure if this spelling correct). Is there a hotel or motel fairly close to the Glory, in other words, any recommendations? What is the cost of the shuttle? I know there is a forum specifically for this type of question but my guess is the forum may have more experienced cruisers that may have some good input.

We are going to stay in a Fairfield resort in Disneyworld when we get back for a few days. My guess is a cab from the pier to the resort (my guess is the trip is about 40 miles) would be way too expensive and maybe we would be better off just renting a car for a day. Once we are at the resort we really do not need a car, but maybe renting a car for three days would be much less than taking transportation from the pier to the resort and then a cab from the resort to the airport. Any suggestions welcome.

Carnival has a shuttle, but if you are talking about staying overnight, Carnival's shuttle will not work for you. I rented a car and stayed at the Doubletree ($75 - $85 / night via Priceline). The Doubletree and Raddison are both three stars. Raddison is closest to the port and has a shuttle to the port. The Raddison is about $160 / night.

As for a shuttle, Art's Shuttle gets very good reviews.

As for rental cars, I rented from Avis. Avis has a free shuttle to and from the port to the renting location. Budget, Thrifty and Hertz also have rental offices in Cocoa Beach.

For 1 to 3 people $65. It appears when i get close to the departure date I need to get on the roll call for our ship and see if any other cruisers coming in around the same time and try to form a group. I assume if we book a shuttle as a three person group, then we divide 65 three ways, if we all go individually and take the same shuttle we each pay 65. You can tell I don't travel as much as I should because I really don't know if this is how it works. I will give them a call and find out.

I probably sound like a broken record saying this, but I will say again how valuable the message forum service of this site is. I have had so many questions addressed just from reading the many helpful posts.

For 1 to 3 people $65. It appears when i get close to the departure date I need to get on the roll call for our ship and see if any other cruisers coming in around the same time and try to form a group. I assume if we book a shuttle as a three person group, then we divide 65 three ways, if we all go individually and take the same shuttle we each pay 65. You can tell I don't travel as much as I should because I really don't know if this is how it works. I will give them a call and find out.

Save yourself the phone call. The first three people cost $65 for the three. Then they add on more if additional people are in your group. If 3 are all that's going, $65 is what you will be charged. They do not put you in a bus. They shuttle you in vans. They will meet you at the airport with a sign with your name on it. They were real nice and helpful. She showed us where the luggage pick up was and told us where her van was parked.

We stayed at the Radisson and loved it. They have a pool with water falls that is beautiful. http://www.radisson.com/capecanaveralfl You can also see the ship in the morning when she comes in. And, they have a web cam so that you can see her while you're counting down to your cruise.

They have a free shuttle at the Radisson. Make sure you sign up for it as soon as you check in. They have time slots to sign up for. When you get down there in the morning, there will be almost a hundred people waiting for the shuttle. Don't panic. Make sure you tell the person in charge that you are there. They call your name off to board. They put your luggage in a trailer behind the shuttle bus and whisk you off to the ship.

The Radisson also has free breakfast buffet. Two per room. Third person has to pay for it.

All of the car rental places in the area have free shuttle service to the port. They also pick up at the port and take you to their office. I would highly recommend that you book your car rental in advance for after the cruise though.

Thanks, this is very helpful. I have not had my coffee yet so my brain not quite working (not that it ever does!). Just to be sure I am understanding correctly, if three strangers were going to use the shuttle, the 65 could be divided by all in the shuttle (little less than 22 each), if for example there were four and the charge was 80, then the fee would be 20 each? So total cost more as more people use shuttle but cost per each person becomes less.

The message forums are so helpful. Yes, we would book our rental car in advance, in fact these forums are allowing me to do a nice job planning and budgeting for our vacation. I like to have as many little details worked our before we leave and I think this reduces the stress factor. Again, thanks for the info.

Gary

Thanks, this is very helpful. I have not had my coffee yet so my brain not quite working (not that it ever does!). Just to be sure I am understanding correctly, if three strangers were going to use the shuttle, the 65 could be divided by all in the shuttle (little less than 22 each), if for example there were four and the charge was 80, then the fee would be 20 each? So total cost more as more people use shuttle but cost per each person becomes less.

The message forums are so helpful. Yes, we would book our rental car in advance, in fact these forums are allowing me to do a nice job planning and budgeting for our vacation. I like to have as many little details worked our before we leave and I think this reduces the stress factor. Again, thanks for the info.

Gary

I'm not sure about additional people that aren't in your party. We reserved ours ahead of time. There were three of us. Wife, son and I. We were the only ones in the van. I don't know for sure what the cost would be if they added more. The lady I talked to on the phone said that it cost $65 for up to three passengers. More passengers would be more money. Seeing how it was only the three of us, I didn't ask further.

One thing I forgot to mention about the Radisson is that you can check in on-line 24 hours ahead of time. Then all you do is go to the "Pre Checked In" counter and tell them your name. They have it all ready for you and hand you your keys. Saves a lot of time not having to stand in line.

It seems like it may be a good idea to get on the roll call forum a little before the cruise and maybe get a few people together to form a group. Renting a car may be another option. It seems like if we did get a few people together, heck, just another couple, the cost of the shuttle would be less than renting a car with less hassle (not having to drive is always less hassle!).

Gary

Archived