Dinner Menu

linaka625

Can anyone give me an idea of what is on the dinner menu for Inspiration? We are planning our first cruise, and are wondering what to expect as far as meals. We prefer seafood, and are wondering if shrimp, crab, or lobster are offered? Thank for any help.

If you do a search on menus, you should find some... they are the same fleetwide. There is lobster one night, formal night. No crab legs... but there is a seafood dish each night, and generally at least one seafood appetizer...

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=340472

formal dinner is the same across all carnival ships-- lobster.

Inspiration sails 4 and 5 night cruises so their menu will vary from week to week- check the above link to view a 7 day menu.

food in the dining room-portions are VERY small so if you order Prawns you will get three shrimp.

you can order as many as you want.

Our first cruise my son ordered the fruit as an apetizer and said to the waiter- I see I will be starving this week. the man laughed his butt off at him... we jsut didnt know you can order more then one.

I think Carnival has some very good seafood entrees, and there's at least one on the menu every evening. I particulary like the Delice of the Ocean - a nice combination of seafood in a creamy sauce. The lobster bisque is good, and Chilean Sea Bass has always been outstanding. The lobster on Formal Night is a small lobster tail, but you can order as many as you like. I usually have two, along with prime rib. (Oink-oink.) Most folks seem to like the seafood gumbo, but being from N.O., not up to par to me.;)

Don't get too hooked on all the things on the menus on Carnival's site... they haven't updated since they made changes last February. Many things still the same, but there are things that have been removed and added. They also have not added the new items that are the specialty chef items... but many things are staples and still there :D

Archived