Questions and Comments about Paradise Beach Two

CoachTerry14

I have heard great things about Paradise beach on the boards. However a friend who recently went to Coz told us Playa Mia would be better for us. We have two kids DS will be 13 DD will be 10. I was wondering what others thoughts on this is. Is the price similar for both? One closer than the other to the docks? Never been to Coz would love your opinon. :confused: :confused: Thanks for your help.

I will be visiting Cozumel for the first time on August 29.

I've been reading this board for the past seveveral months trying to gain some knowledge of the area, and have noticed that "Paradise Beach Tom" always seems to give some very good & rather detailed information about the island. I've also noticed that he's about to take a vacation of his own soon, and would like to ask him a few questions before he leaves. In trying to stay within the guidelines of the subject of this thread, I'm wondering if anyone could give me a email address for "PB Tom" so I could ask him my questions personally, rather than on this thread.

I'll very much appreciate any response to my request.

Thanx in advance.

RP

Hey Tom, remember us?? We're originally from Buffalo, NY (talked to you a little bit about hockey) and we were with our friends from Boston....anyway, we're back in Coz on 8-21 and will be at your beach again for our DD 21st B-day cruise.

Two questions....will you be back from Canada by then?? and do you have any idea if the Triumph will be tendering in or docking? According to Cruisecal, we're the only ship in port on that day. We're trying to figure out how to plan the day and whether there'll be enough time to go to the beach, take the snorkeling tour, get a massage and still go back into town to do a little shopping. If we don't leave until 10PM....hey, no problem. If we have to tender, I think they have to leave before dark, don't they??

Tom;

We will be arriving on the Rhapsody in October. We are booked to do a 12:30pm Royal Swim at Chankanaab. I am hearing so many wonderful things about your facility that I would like to visit after the dolphin swim, if possible.

We should be done by 2pm at latest. The maps seem to indicate both parks are in the same direction from the ships. Would this be an easy taxi ride (from Chankanaab) in order to have a couple of hours at PB before sailing at 6pm? Advice would be appreciated!!

Cindi

Tom;

We will be arriving on the Rhapsody in October. We are booked to do a 12:30pm Royal Swim at Chankanaab. I am hearing so many wonderful things about your facility that I would like to visit after the dolphin swim, if possible.

We should be done by 2pm at latest. The maps seem to indicate both parks are in the same direction from the ships. Would this be an easy taxi ride (from Chankanaab) in order to have a couple of hours at PB before sailing at 6pm? Advice would be appreciated!!

Cindi

Cindi,

PB is located just a little south of Chankanaab. PB and SFB are located right next to each other. Grab a cab at Chankanaab for a short ride to PB. No fee to use PB, chairs and umbrellas, $8 if you want to use water toys. Food and drinks are additional.

Hope this helps :D

Can anyone tell me how old the kids have to be to ride and/or drive the jet skis???

We will be coming to Paradise Beach in September and my son is looking forward to this excursion the most. He can't wait to get on that trampoline and ice berg. :)

Thanks.

Cindi,

PB is located just a little south of Chankanaab. PB and SFB are located right next to each other. Grab a cab at Chankanaab for a short ride to PB. No fee to use PB, chairs and umbrellas, $8 if you want to use water toys. Food and drinks are additional.

Hope this helps :D

Thank you!

Rasta Pirate - I don't think the board rules allow Tom's email address to be posted here, but I know you can contact him throug the Paradise Beach website. Just type Paradise Beach Cozumel into Google and you'll soon find it...

Hope that helps

Ian

This is my first time is Cozumel and I am wondering which is best to do, go on the adventures through the Mayan ruins and jungles or to relax and enjoy the beach at Paradise Beach. I would like to do both but I can't so I need to know which one is better to do. Thanks :)

I guess it really depends on what you like to do. I suppose looking at the ruins could be interesting if you're into that kind of thing.

But I can tell you from experience, that Paradise Beach truely is "Paradise".

I spent my day in Cozumel last March at PB. I was actually one of the first to arrive that morning (around 9:30-10:00). The workers were still raking the sand smooth and told me I could select a lounge chair of my choice. I chose a chair in the center of the very front row right at the waters edge. Enjoyed the warm sunshine & relaxation for a few hours, then went upstairs to the Terrace Restaurant and had a delicious lunch (shrimp ceviche/w Mexican rice, chips *& some of the best guacamole I've ever had, and one of their infamous Pina'Coladas made with Bicardi rum, served in a pineapple shell, garnished with fresh fruit.YUM!! Lunch & drinks & service were EXCELLENT!! On my way back to my chair, I treated myself to a 1 hour full body massage. (yup, right there on the beach)WOW!!, these girls know how to give a massage!! (SO much better than one I had on my ship a couple days prior).

By this time I was SO relaxed, I decided to take a short nap in a hammock beneath a swaying palm tree. ahhh, with the sound of the waves lapping ashore in the background, I remember thinking to myself "Now THIS is PARADISE:-)"

Afterwards, I found changing rooms & a very clean shower area to freshen up. Then walked out to the main entrance and found several taxis lined up waiting to take "Beach-goers" back to their ship. What a great day!! (and still plenty of time to do some shopping before getting back onboard:-)

ahhh, What a GREAT & RELAXING day I had:-)

In my opinion . . . If you're looking for a great beach, with excellent food,drink,& service . . . you can't go wrong with Paradise Beach. It's IMHO PB is one of the best beaches in the Caribbean!

Whatever you decide to do . . . I hope you enjoy!

Enjoy!

Annie

This is my first time is Cozumel and I am wondering which is best to do, go on the adventures through the Mayan ruins and jungles or to relax and enjoy the beach at Paradise Beach. I would like to do both but I can't so I need to know which one is better to do. Thanks :)

The Mayan ruins is an enjoyable experience, but there is a lot of walking up and down steep terains. Paradise Beach is beautiful, clean and very relaxing. Great for kids.

Thanks much Willma's Conscience & Slick52.

I followed your instructions, and was able to email Tom directly. He was very quick to reply and provide answers to all my questions.

Knowing this information before I arrive has helped me to better plan my day, and looks like I WILL l be able to fit everything in that I was hoping to do:-)

Thanks again for your help!

RP

I am not sure which to choose. Which one is closer to the Pier? How does the cost compare? Anyone have a preferance? Is the Playa Mia snorkling Myan Ruins accessable if you bring your own gear? Thanks!

Thanks much Willma's Conscience & Slick52.

I followed your instructions, and was able to email Tom directly. He was very quick to reply and provide answers to all my questions.

Knowing this information before I arrive has helped me to better plan my day, and looks like I WILL l be able to fit everything in that I was hoping to do:-)

Thanks again for your help!

RP

Ya Mon, No Problem, wait that's Jamaica:o Da nada! :D

Spammie,

If you're asking about the massages . . . There is no appointment neccessary. Just walk up & tell them what you'd like. I believe the cost was $1 USD per minute, and you can decide what type of massage you want. (Deep tissue to relieve any aches/pains, or sweedish to leave you TOTALLY relaxed:-)

Suggestion: Take the time to hop into the shower (just a few steps away) before your massage to rinse off any sand or salt. This will help make your massage MUCH more enjoyable.

Also a good idea to keep your eye on the massage beds if you're planning to leave the beach soon after your service as they tend to get busier as the day goes on.

Enjoy!

Annie

Does anyone know if Paradise Beach filters their water/ice used in their cocktails? I will be going and would love a couple of margaritas, but not if it results in Montezuma's Revenge. THanks for your help!

Archived