Questions and Comments about Paradise Beach Two

CoachTerry14

We will be there in October from 8-7, I'm looking at these two beaches. We will be there without the kids. My husband likes the idea of the ATV tours at Mr. Sanchos, I like the idea of the snorkeling tour at PB. There are 3 ships in port that day, will we be battling crowds?

I have not been to Mr. Sanchos in a couple of years and do not know how much damage was done by Wilma. However, I was at Paradise Beach last March and it was great. I don't believe the snorkeling is very good at PB. Both beach clubs have delichous food. I like Paradise Beach better because the chairs are more comfortable and they have nice umbrellas. As I recall, the only umbrellas at Mr. Sanchos were over tables and they have plastice rocking type lounge chairs that are difficult to get in and out of. Can't go wrong with either.

We had been to Mr. Sanchos twice before Wilma & really enjoyed it. However, from cc learned that they lost a lot of beach with Wilma. Read they had rebuilt buildings and reopened though. After researching on cc we went to Paradise Beach in Dec., after Wilma. They didn't lose beach & had completely rebuilt. It was wonderful. Great food, drinks, service at your beach chair, restaurant & other facilities. We're cruising in Dec. & Feb. & will go to Paradise on both trips.

We were in Cozumel last month and went to Paradise Beach and enjoyed it. We stopped by Mr. Sanchos because we had been there pre-Wilma. It is a lot different now. Talking to people at Mr Sanchos, they said they lost 50 yards of beach from Wilma.

Doug

8/92 Monarch of the Seas

3/93 Mardi Gras

3/03 Victory

8/06 Glory

We just got back from Cozumel on the Grandeur of the Seas. The BEST day of our trip was the day we spent at Paradise Beach. The place is beautiful, the food is great and the staff is outstanding. My wife and two young daughters has a blast. We played on the iceberg, jumped on the trampoline and snorkled. The place was very safe and comfortable. We ate fantastic food and enjoyed the view. The staff was attentive and not pushy.

The only problem was that we did not have enough time in Paradise.

The 4 Baers......

Hi Tom!!! We're coming in October and based on what everyone says-we can't wait. can you suggest whow we should travel with to get there(a cab/bus/, etc.) We will have three young kids with us. What's the water depth at the iceberg and trampoline? Is there shallow snorkeling that the kids could enjoy and still see fish?? Thanks a BUNCH!!!

I've been looking into doing a "power snorkel" in Cozumel while we're there on October 3rd, with Freedom of the Seas. Someone today told me that they thought they had seen power snorkel equipment at Paradise Beach, for a rental fee. Do they have them there?

We used to have a few of them around but Wilma borrowed them last October. She hasn't been back to return 'em, but that's fine with us!:eek:

sorry if this has been asked and answered before--

are there life vests available for the kids? I'm thinking it would help for snorkeling and for when they are on the trampoline and ice berg since they are not the best swimmers.

Thanks

We got our van quickly and easily. After we tendered, as we walked towards the shops, there were lots of venders offering trips and taxis. We walked to one, asked about PB, the gentleman showed us two different options (one a van up to 8 people and the other a van to 16 people, which is what we needed) We payed $7 a person to take us to PB, which included our wrist bands, and he agreed to wait for us at PB and bring us back!) He was honest, kind, and very professional! It was a fabulous day. Have fun!

We payed $7 a person to take us to PB, which included our wrist bands, and he agreed to wait for us at PB and bring us back!) He was honest, kind, and very professional! It was a fabulous day. Have fun!

Momof4boys -

Is that a typo? You paid $7 a person for a taxi and PB wristbands?

I guess i was still on vacation but I'll see ya next year! Thanx for that nice review :)

Hi Tom -

You were on vacation? I guess I expect that living in Cozumel would be like being on vacation everyday :D

Looking forward to spending the day with you and your staff on 9/27!!! My boys are very excited about spending the day at Paradise Beach.

Thank you for having such a wonderful place for all of us to go to in Cozumel. We just returned yesterday from the 9-10 sailing on Freedom of The Seas. We were the first Freedom ship to dock and not tender. Our day at Paradise Beach was our favorite day on our cruise. We got their fairly early and had our pick of chairs. The margaritas, Del Sols and food were wonderful. I had a massage on the beach which was incredible. I will be sailing on Mariner next May and can't wait to bring my two kids (21 and 19) with me to experience Paradise Beach. Our trip on the Freedom was just hubby and myself. This was our first time at Paradise Beach and would recommend it to everyone. Thank you again. Wanda

What time does the snorkle trip leave at PB and how long is it ?

Thanks !

Cant wait to come back "home" to PB and see Tom and his wonderful staff.

Only a month away now, I've been warning the new staff!!:eek:OOPS...just saw that yer NOT with SS2!!! Guess I'll hafta wait longer for you!

The snorkel trip leaves at 12:30pm and lasts 2 hours. Check out post #1740 on this page for a review: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=6248738&highlight=crew#post6248738

Hasta la vista!

Want to go from ship to runins and then to paradise beach. Whats the best way to travel from one place to the other and what time should I do each. Much appreciated. Steve

A rental car would be the cheapest if you want to do this route. Ship to the ruins will be about a 30 minute drive...take the 1 hour tour there then drive about 45 minutes to PB. You'll want to spend the rest of your time and money there of course,;) but save $10 bucks to fill yer tank up again before returning it. Have a great vacation!

Hi Tom!!! We're coming in October and based on what everyone says-we can't wait. can you suggest whow we should travel with to get there(a cab/bus/, etc.) We will have three young kids with us. What's the water depth at the iceberg and trampoline? Is there shallow snorkeling that the kids could enjoy and still see fish?? Thanks a BUNCH!!!

Looking forward to meeting y'all! If PB is your only destination, a taxi is the cheapest and hassle free-est method. The only other alternative is renting a car, busses aren't an option at this point...

Water depth at the 14ft iceberg is 7-8 ft and about 6-7 at the tramp. The kids will enjoy checking out the fishies offshore...send them around the pier where the critters can be found enjoying the shade!:)

Hasta la vista!

It won't be long now until the Saints & Sinners arrive at Paradise Beach. Can't wait to see Tom again & all the post Wilma repairs & improvements. :D

Hmmmm....sorry to disappoint you but I'm still the same broken-down beach bum ya knew before Wilma. I will get a haircut though...:D

sorry if this has been asked and answered before--

are there life vests available for the kids? I'm thinking it would help for snorkeling and for when they are on the trampoline and ice berg since they are not the best swimmers.

Thanks

Vests are included when ya buy the "fun-pass" for our watertoys. Our smallest size is rated at 30-50 lbs....have fun!:)

Hi Tom -

You were on vacation? I guess I expect that living in Cozumel would be like being on vacation everyday :D

Looking forward to spending the day with you and your staff on 9/27!!! My boys are very excited about spending the day at Paradise Beach.

Ha! "Island Fever" sets in every once in awhile and ya just have to get away!

Hasta la vista!:)

Thank you for having such a wonderful place for all of us to go to in Cozumel. We just returned yesterday from the 9-10 sailing on Freedom of The Seas. We were the first Freedom ship to dock and not tender. Our day at Paradise Beach was our favorite day on our cruise. We got their fairly early and had our pick of chairs. The margaritas, Del Sols and food were wonderful. I had a massage on the beach which was incredible. I will be sailing on Mariner next May and can't wait to bring my two kids (21 and 19) with me to experience Paradise Beach. Our trip on the Freedom was just hubby and myself. This was our first time at Paradise Beach and would recommend it to everyone. Thank you again. Wanda

Thank you!!!!

I had planned on going to Paradise Beach and then shopping in town but my DH found the excursion to Xcaret which also sounds really nice. Any comments or suggestions about which to do? Thanks - we'll be leaving from Galveston on the Rhapsody on Oct. 8 and arriving in Cozumel on the 12. We'll be tendering as well.....

Paradise beach took a big hit, lost the restaurant & shower/changing rooms. Tom is doing a great job planting trees & has finished new shower/changing rooms.Had a great time there 9/15 and saw Tom just as we were leaving.Give him your support!

DSC00406.jpg

DSC00403.jpg

Archived