Questions and Comments about Paradise Beach Two

CoachTerry14

Tom, Question, fromwhat it looks like we will be the only ship in port next monday (woohoo 7 days) and wanted to know does the massage area fill up fast or can i hang at PB for a while then get a massage, do you just walk up to them or should i go at the beginning and tell them ill be back at appr this time for a massage? let me know, also from people that have done the massages, I was just in the jamaican port of cal board and there are some debates regarding tipping< how much have you tipped the masseuse???

I'd like to know the answers to this too. Great questions, I hadn't thought about it.

Thanks gumballz! Three ships I'll have to hurry!:D :eek: :D :eek:
Three ships isn't bad at all. I was relieved to see we only had 3 ships in on our day. ;)

How crowded will PB be with 4 ships is port? I am concerned mainly because my ship is the last to arrive. If its going to be over crowded I may opt for the Reef Club deal because of the limited number of people allowed.

Oh, another question ... Can we share a floating mat for the day or we each need to rent our own? I know in Labadee, we just rent one and share it. We are hardly all in the water at the same time.

I know there's crime everywhere.....and people without morals everywhere as well, but I'm wondering how safe, in general, it is to leave your things at your lounger while you play in the water? I'm not talking anything expensive, just a towel, sunglasses, book, etc.

And, if we go parasailing or rent a jetski, is there someplace to keep our things?

Thanks! :)

Tom, Question, fromwhat it looks like we will be the only ship in port next monday (woohoo 7 days) and wanted to know does the massage area fill up fast or can i hang at PB for a while then get a massage, do you just walk up to them or should i go at the beginning and tell them ill be back at appr this time for a massage? let me know, also from people that have done the massages, I was just in the jamaican port of cal board and there are some debates regarding tipping< how much have you tipped the masseuse???

We were at Paradise Beach last month. I relaxed and had a drink for about 45 minutes (approximately 11am) before I had my massage. As far as I could tell, I might have been her first for the day. After I got my massage, other people started getting theirs. I had a 40 minute massage and tipped the girl $10 dollars = $50 total. I can't remember the name of the girl who did my massage, it began with an "L". Paradise Beach was the best day of our cruise and we will definitely be returning next May. Have a wonderful trip! Wanda

Our group of 15 spent the most wonderful day at PB last July. That is why we booked a ship that would visit Cozumel again. We booked so we could spend a day at PB. We even have a longer time in Coz this time! :D

Our group felt really safe at PB. The servers were everywhere!! Ours kept a close watch on our group. Our group left our beach stuff on our chairs and played in the water. We never felt there was any danger of people getting into our belongings. No one comes up on the beach to sell you anythng. While we were there, everyone had chairs and was busy enjoying themselves, too!

You could always purchase one of those plastic things you could bury in the sand. (To hide your belongings)

Have fun!

We were at Paradise Beach on Oct 6, off the Rhapsody. The popularization of PB was evident, as the beach chairs were well populated, with room for many more. And, only two ships in port. We made use of the dining tables in the bar area. Food was quite good and service, outstanding. I had warned PB Tom to stock up on Windex, and he graciously, complied. Of course, Tom was constantly glad-handing his guests on the beach, but on his rounds through the restaurant he relaxed with us and updated us on the accomplishments they have been making. So much has been done since Wilma and the property is looking very spiffy. I think the term "miracle work" is not an over-exaggeration.

Tom, my Dad sends you his deepest thanks for the valuable time you took to treat him like royalty.

Here is proof, PB Tom really does answer CruiseCritic questions at the end of the bar!

CIMG1623a.jpg.aa2cc396cccad0e7784cde5cf353788d.jpg

CIMG1624a.jpg.a495e4058c40d35e9f65673fa10edb02.jpg

How crowded will PB be with 4 ships is port? I am concerned mainly because my ship is the last to arrive. If its going to be over crowded I may opt for the Reef Club deal because of the limited number of people allowed.

Looks like your trip is a long way out, I would check closer to time of travel, however there are plenty of beach clubs, and alot of people opt out for other activities, go enoy PB you should be fine.

Oh, another question ... Can we share a floating mat for the day or we each need to rent our own? I know in Labadee, we just rent one and share it. We are hardly all in the water at the same time.

Braclet for water toys is only $8.00 per person, includes iceberg, mats, kyack, snorkel gear. not sure if anyone would say anything, but most charge more than that for just a mat.

We were at PB 2 years ago. We'll be back in 4 weeks. Can you book the snorkel trip at the beach, or do you have to do it in advance on the internet? Not sure if we want to snorkel in Cozumel, as we will also be doing that in Cayman.

We were at PB 2 years ago. We'll be back in 4 weeks. Can you book the snorkel trip at the beach, or do you have to do it in advance on the internet? Not sure if we want to snorkel in Cozumel, as we will also be doing that in Cayman.

Have heard that you dont have to prebook, I guess alot depends on how many ships are there that day, and how many have prebooked, sorry to be so unclear, but I'm sure that you will have a great time regaurdless.

The beach will be pretty slow that day so you can basically get your massage whenever you want! It's my day off but my staff will take good care of you...have a great day!

paradisecozumel

Our bracelet police will get ya if you've got a mat without a wristband!:D

paradisecozumel

We were at Paradise Beach on Oct 6, off the Rhapsody. The popularization of PB was evident, as the beach chairs were well populated, with room for many more. And, only two ships in port. We made use of the dining tables in the bar area. Food was quite good and service, outstanding. I had warned PB Tom to stock up on Windex, and he graciously, complied. Of course, Tom was constantly glad-handing his guests on the beach, but on his rounds through the restaurant he relaxed with us and updated us on the accomplishments they have been making. So much has been done since Wilma and the property is looking very spiffy. I think the term "miracle work" is not an over-exaggeration.

Tom, my Dad sends you his deepest thanks for the valuable time you took to treat him like royalty.

Here is proof, PB Tom really does answer CruiseCritic questions at the end of the bar!

Wow! You work quick! Glad to have met y'all, glad you had a good time, andn tell your Dad I'm keeping his regular table for him for when he comes back!

Hasta la vista!:)

Oh, and thanx for the MILK!

paradisecozumel

Our group spent the day at PB last Saturday, October 7th. We enjoyed chatting with Tom and him allowing one of the homesick moms to love on his baby. I can't remember a whole lot of it, but our credit card statement says we had an outstanding time! I know I had a massage and a kayak race, the rest of it was washed away with whatever it is they kept coming around and pouring in my mouth. I hope to return someday. The crew from WV says thanks a bunch to Tom and your crew (I wish I could give our waiter a thank you but I can't even begin to know how to spell his name, my husband calls him changecha)! Hasta la vista!

Chrissy

We were in Cozumel on Sep 27, 2006 with the RCI Enchantment of the Seas. This was the 2nd time in Cozumel for DW and me and the 1st time for my DB and his DW. We had decided in advance to visit Paradise Beach, based on the other good reviews here on CC. We waited about 15-20 min after the initial port debarking to allow the crows to clear. Exiting the ship was very quick. The Enchantment was able to dock at the International Pier. They have done some more rebuilding on the pier since we were there in April, but you can still see a lot of damage from last years hurricanes. There were at least three other ships “parked” outside of Cozumel and using tenders. We made our way through the shopping area to the taxi stand. We quickly got a taxi and the for of us squeezed in . It ad “natural Air conditioning” – That is the windows were all down for the trip. I did ask the rate in advance and was told $12 for all 4 of us. (Please make sure you ask before you get in! Tom had to go a resolve and issue with someone who was going to be charged $12 per person.)

The trip out to Paradise beach took about 10-15 min. As soon as we got there we were greeted and told about the place. I had already been reviewing the web site and CC: and we knew that we wanted the wrist bands for the toys. We were then let down the beach and they set us up with a pair of umbrellas and chairs. From my perspective this was perfect. My goal was to lay in the chair, in the shade all day. The girls were in the water to try out some of the toys. We were on the left side of the beach, so we walked to he right, where there are less rocks. The iceberg is quite large. We saw a lot of kids and climbing on them, but the girls found it very hard to get on the first spot. You had to pull yourself all the way out of the water. They did try the water trampoline. It also is hard to get on the first step on the ladder, but they had a good time once they got up there.

Our waiter, Manuel, served us drinks and lunch at our chairs. Tom came by while we were eating. Had a nice conversion about what we thought of the place and the new improvements they are working on (a large pool for those who don’t want to do in the Ocean). DW talked to him about diving in the area. She had done the ship tour on our previous visit and was not very impressed. He suggested a number of dive shops and specific dive masters to check out for our next visit. She is planning to set up a dive on our trip in Nov.

Overall – Terrific beach day. I will be back at Paradise Beach in November over Thanksgiving with our 2 kids. DW will probably join us after she dives.

Tom – Thanks for having such a well run place!!

We took a group of 8 to Paradise Beach this past Wed, October 11th. Our group consisted of me, dh and sons 7 and 9 as well as my BIL, SIL and nieces ages 6 and 12. The weather was absolute PERFECT!!! Hot and sunny! A quick 10 minute ride from the pier!

We got there about 11:30 as we tendered in off the Carnival Holiday and it took us a while to get it all together so we missed the "prime up front" locations, however we were seated in a great area in front of the trampolines a couple rows back!

Our waiter, Martine' (sp?) took excellent care of us...keeping our Sol cold and keeping them coming. He also was quite the supplier of Tequila Slammers for our little group. Shame on him! :eek:

The kids LOVED the iceberg and the trampolines! And yes, the wristband police were out in full force--LOL. Had to laugh at him trying to get folks off the trampoline for not wearing a wristband--shame on those people! :mad:

We had to drag the kids out of the water for lunch. We dined on Nachos (YUMMY) and quesidillas. The kids had the "mini-burgers". That is the LARGEST mini I have ever seen! It was an adult sized super burger! For 2 kids meals, 2 nachos and 2 buckets (10 total beers) of Sol, the grand total of our bill was $78.00 plus our tip...cannot beat that!

Best part of the trip...we got to meet Tom. ;) Hi Tom! We had asked our waiter if he was there yet and he said Tom was making the rounds. Once he got close to us, we were ready to eat, so we hollered over to him. He came over, whipped out his hand and there was my screen name

"jus10mom" written right on his hand. So you see...he does REALLY put you in his day planner! :D It was great to meet you Tom; PB is Totally GREAT.

Overall, a 10+. Great location, clean bathrooms, fabulous food, and great people. You cannot go wrong with Paradise Beach!!!! :p We cannot wait to come back again!!!!

Alrighty! Just finished reading ALL 20+ pages of this thread! I cant wait! We are coming soon on Oct. 26 via the Caribbean Princess!

I've read how much fun the kids have had on the toys... but I want to know if the adults are allowed out there too! :) Because THIS particular "kid" (ok, I'm 29 ;) ) wants to play too! :) Any adults gone out there on the iceberg, etc?? Now, I dont want to take away any time/fun from the kids, but I do think I want to give it a shot or two ;) Anyone going to be there that day, come on over and say hi... I'm the one in the middle in the pic above :)

-Jill

We were at Paradise Beach Oct. 13. Adults are definately welcome on the toys. It took me several attempts to get up that iceberg but I finally did! :) And you will see several adults on the trampoline too. The weather and water were perfect. Try the drink specials and guac. Service is incredible!

Tom-

Thanks for sharing the pics of your son. He is adorable. Did you ever get those videos to play?

parkglensteph

Hi Tom we will be there November 3rd first time Cruisers so excited just 12 more sleeps and we leave see ya TOM hope to meet ya.you are such an insperation to this Board.

Hasta la Vista:) as you would say LOL....Phil and the gang

We were there for the "umpteenth" time on Wednesday October 11th as well on the Carnival Miracle. We knew the day would be a great one when we got to DOCK at the Punta Langosta!!!! We were so thrilled. We grabbed our taxi and headed to PB. I love the new road along the coast line past Chauk Park.

Our son spent his day making his sand creations. I spent my day enjoying my "breakfast of champions" (frozen marq and a plate of nachos). Some folks from our Roll Call (who missed our meet and greet) ended up being seated right next to us on the beach. We had a nice visit. We missed seeing Tom because our son can't stay out to long. But his staff exceeded our expectations!! They definately earn their name....Paradise!!!

Tom, please tell Freddie we said hello.

Archived