Just back from Tortola~ Smuggler's Cove was awesome!

cruzfvr

Just back from sailing on 6/24, and while in Tortola, we decided to take a cab to Smuggler's Cove. We are so glad we did! It was about a 25 minute cab ride, and well worth it. Smuggler's is one of the most gorgous beaches we have ever been to. White sand, shady areas, and a reef for snorkeling. Water so clear, you can see your feet! Steven was manning the "shack," and had a blender going (I enjoyed his frozen Mango with Banana Rum), and barbecue (DH had a hamburger). He also has chips, water, soda, beer, loungers to rent, along with snorkel gear.

There were very few people on the beach (three others when we first arrived), which was great. Steven told us that the owners of the property are planning on putting up 20 units (hotel or cottages?), but no one seemed to know when that would happen. We are so happy we went there before it did, as it was so tranquil and beautiful. Be sure you ask your driver to pick you up, as there are no taxis to take from Smuggler's to the ship.

Oops, forgot to tell you there are no facilities with the exception of a few trees and bushes! That was the only thing lacking. I can't describe how gorgeous this little beach was though.

Jenn~ It was around $40 each way for the cab (van) ride to Smuggler's, but I think you could probably see (haggle) if you could get it for less. I would suggest telling the driver you will pay him after he picks you up and takes you back to the ship. That way you know he will come back for you! This is what we did.

As for the NCL ticker, I went to www.***** and if you scroll to the bottom of the page you will see "vacation countdown ticker." Just click on it and you can make your own ticker. I think after I made mine, I just hit the right button on my mouse (highlighted it), and copied it and then I paste it to the User CP (edit signature) on the cruise critic website (top of page to the left). There is probably an easier way to do it, so maybe someone else can give some tips. ~Debbi

Archived