Wheelchairs on the Majesty

mmceachn

Hello,

DH broke his leg and will need to use a wheelchair for the next eight weeks.

We are thinking of booking the Majesty, as we have sailed to Bermuda four times on this ship and it is a favorite.

Can anyone provide advice on getting around the ship in a wheelchair? Is is pretty accessable or are there a lot of pesty thresholds? How do you get on and off the ship in Bermuda? Is there a seperate ramp for wheelchairs?

Hello, DH broke his leg and will need to use a wheelchair for the next eight weeks. We are thinking of booking the Majesty, as we have sailed to Bermuda four times on this ship and it is a favorite. Can anyone provide advice on getting around the ship in a wheelchair? Is is pretty accessable or are there a lot of pesty thresholds? How do you get on and off the ship in Bermuda? Is there a seperate ramp for wheelchairs?

There isn't a seperate ramp for wheelchairs, but the ramp provided for everyone else to use is large enough for wheelchairs. The Majesty is an older ship, and has many thresholds. Never-the-less, he'll be able to wheel his way around the ship, although he might have to take a longer way to get there.

My experience in a wheelchair leads me to strongly recommend a handicapped cabin on any ship that has them. This removes the obstacle of the door thresholds, gives you room in the cabin to place your wheelchair, and gives you a safe, well equipped bathroom.

The Majesty has several such cabins. Cabin 742 and others show on the deck plan as handicapped. I have not sailed on the Majesty, so I will leave the balance of your questions for someone else to answer. Have a great cruise!

We were on the Majesty last year in cabin 742. It is very small. The bath room takes up most of the cabin. My husband has ms and uses a "Jazzy " style chair. It takes up room (it can not fold up.) We are on the Majesty again this year and are in a regular cabin. While we were on the ship we checked out the other cabins. His wheel chair fits through the door ways to the other cabins, a big concern on other ships.NCL olderships were never a problem with the door ways. We always go for the handicapped cabins first. There are ramps around this ship, two I recall are on or near the reception area/on that deck. It was easy to get around. Threshold do have a lip. But you can get through.Buffet area is very small to get through,(sitting area is fine ) Suggest going to the dinning room. Hope this helps. Majesty to Bermuda can it get any better ! ! !

Archived