Bring your own deck chair?

Paulras

This may be a weird question but I always read about chairs around the pool filling up quickly - and have experienced the 20 minute walk to find a couple of empty chairs. Has anyone ever brought their own chairs on board to use at the pools? We always bring these folding lounge chairs to our own condo pool. They fold up into a sleeve that you where like a backpack. It would be an easy carry-on item and even has a built-in foot/leg rest - just like a lounge chair. We love them.

Anyone ever bring their own or see others who bring their own?

Recently took my chair on the transatlantic from Ft. Lauderdale to UK. Very useful - people laughed - but hey, so what!! You will find a good spot as people move their chairs around all the time!! We do it as we need the shade. And on the ta, you can never find a seat in the solarium after 6.30 in the morning!!

I agree that there are plenty of chairs on the ship for everyone. It's just that certain areas fill up fast and people do all kinds of things to "reserve" them hours before the sun comes out. So bringing your own, is not going to help you get a prime spot at the pool. And, dependinig on how you are arriving to your port city, it could just be more hassle than it's worth.

Sorry, but I can't even imagine trying to fit a couple of chairs brought from home into the crowded outside areas. They put in as many as they can fit already and all that would do was crowd these areas more.

I wish people would stop trying to keep things easy for themselves while really putting a bind on the ship and it's other passengers.

Just imagine this senerio. 100 or 200 passengers bring their own chairs to the pool, they add them to the already hundreds of chairs that the cruise line places out there. Pretty soon, there are so many extra chairs that nobody could move.

Get up a bit earlier, go to the pool and grab a couple of the pool chairs. If some are saved with books or towels for any length of time, call it to one of the staffs attention and they will remove them to free up the chairs. OR go to one of the decks that is not as crowded. Problem solved without making it rougher on anyone.

This may be a weird question but I always read about chairs around the pool filling up quickly - and have experienced the 20 minute walk to find a couple of empty chairs. Has anyone ever brought their own chairs on board to use at the pools? We always bring these folding lounge chairs to our own condo pool. They fold up into a sleeve that you where like a backpack. It would be an easy carry-on item and even has a built-in foot/leg rest - just like a lounge chair. We love them.

Anyone ever bring their own or see others who bring their own?

We bring our own chairs! They are folding as yours, into the sleeve to wear over your shoulder) but not as long, as they are beach chairs (the backs recline) and they do not have the foot rests (we have friends that have the ones you have--you might have a hard time finding enough room for those). It is difficult to find a space for your chairs in front of MUTS during the day, but we have done so. I'd just as soon do that than stand and wait for 30 minutes to see if someone is coming back to a saved chair!! If they return, and you do that 3 other times you've stood in the sun for 2 hours and haven't even sat down yet!!

They are much more comfortable on the balconies than the ship chairs.

I know it would probably be difficult if hundreds of people brought their own chairs and surely not enough room!!

I sure don't want to be guilty of going out early and putting something on a chair to save it like so many do--I feel that's realllllly wrong!!!!! :p A lot more people do that than take their own chairs!! I'll apologize right now for anyone I might offend in the future when we take our chairs!! I just don't want to get that aggravated while on vacation and taking our own chairs makes cruising with Princess an absolute dream!!!! :D

Barbara

Just imagine this senerio. 100 or 200 passengers bring their own chairs to the pool, they add them to the already hundreds of chairs that the cruise line places out there. Pretty soon, there are so many extra chairs that nobody could move.

then.........if this happens.......I can bring a hammock....:D

Archived