Islander please help!

naxos

Islander- you have helped in the past and I would like a recommendation for a day in St Thomas. We dock at Crown bay around noon and we will have a car- last time we went to Magens Bay and then had great ice cream at St Thomas Dairy and then toured Drakes Seat and back. This time we have from 1 PM until 11Pm and would like to find a nice quiet beach- (no jetskis)and then somewhere for sunset and then can you recommend some place on the water to spend some after dark time.

we arre willing to drive a bit- we will arrive on a Tuesday-

Ritz Carlton, Emerald Bay? or some place more exotic- we like quiet and pretty.

Is there somewhere in the Crown Bay marina for after dark?

We will have spent 2 1/2 days on the ship prior to arriving so would like to maximaize shore time.

Thans in advance

naxos

Hello,

Close to Crown Bay, just by the University of the Virgin Islands is Brewer's Bay. Its often quiet during the weekdays. There are no amenities there, a couple food vans by the road side sell drinks and food. This may be too quiet or off the beaten path??... in anycase its a close drive if you wanted to check it out. If you want a resort beach... Emerald and Ritz are different. Emerald is a smaller resort so the atmosphere reflects this; its a pretty beach, water is usually very calm, there is a watersports booth - not sure but I don't think it has jetskis. Ritz is well... Ritz; there are two beaches there - Turtle Cove and Bluebeards! For Sunset you could head up to Paradise Point, 5-7pm for Happy Hour. You can drive up on Tuesday evenings. Somewhere in Crown Bay for dinner - Tickles is a casual restaurant that is on the marina, which is just a couple minutes from the dock area. Its just next to the water of the marina so you see the water and boats; sometimes there is live music. In Frenchtown, not far from Crown Bay, there is a casual restaurant, again by a marina, called Hook, Line & Sinker. Also in Frenchtown is Oceana, which overlooks the water.

--Islander

http://www.*****

I knew I could count on you ! Another 2 questions if you do not mind

Is it possible to get to Neltjberg beach by boat? and could we arrnge that? since our rental contract does not cover off road druving/

Where is runnel Bay and is it an accessibel beach?

We do not mind quiet and out of hte way- shipwrecked would be fine in the "get away from it all" sense .

Thanks again for your advice.

naxos

Hello Naxos,

Neltjeberg Bay - now thats really off the beaten track. By boat; there is a reef there sort of in the middle but there is likely a safe entry for boats. I've never pulled in real close by boat. You'd need to rent a boat with captain or without if you know how to do the job and go there. Most boat rentals are in Red Hook, you'd be covering basically 3/4ths of the northshore getting to Neljeberg from there... the ride would of course depend on the seas that day. There is a dive company that heads out from Hull Bay, they also do charters and fishing... that would be closer to Netjeberg. Their website is http://www.nightsnorkel.com/ you can see if they have something to offer.

I don't know of any beaches called Runnel Bay.

--Islander

http://www.*****

Archived