crown and any time dining

yankeebabe

I know this ? has been asked a few times before, But I hope you don't mind if I ask again. This is the first time we are doing anytime dining and not sure if we made the right decision. Do you always have to make a reservation? Can you go into the restaurants at any time? Any other info on this would be appreciated! the Crown looks like a great ship we can't wait to go. Thanks for all of your help cheers Nancy

I know this ? has been asked a few times before, But I hope you don't mind if I ask again. This is the first time we are doing anytime dining and not sure if we made the right decision. Do you always have to make a reservation? Can you go into the restaurants at any time? Any other info on this would be appreciated! the Crown looks like a great ship we can't wait to go. Thanks for all of your help cheers Nancy

Think of the "anytime dining rooms" aboard Princess ships as a popular restaurant in your hometown. So popular that they don't take reservations during the peak dining period (typically 6-8).

Just show up at the door and ask to be seated. You can be seated at a table for two (or whatever size your party is) or you can say that you are willing to be seated at a larger table with other people.

Like any land-based restaurant, you can ask for a specific table or wait-staff team. Like any land based restaurant, they may be busy and have nothing available at that moment. They will give you a pager and tell you what the estimated wait time should be (this doesn't happen often and isn't more than 10-15 minutes).

There are two "anytime" dining rooms on the Crown. If it looks like there is a line at one, check out the other.

DW and I love the anytime dining concept and wouldn't cruise aboard Princess if they didn't have it.

Enjoy!

When we were on the Grand in 2002 and 2003, we just walked up to the dining room and asked for a table of two. If there wasn't a table right away, we would be given a beeper that would alert us when our table was available. We would go to a nearby lounge and have a cocktail. We never waited more than 10 minutes.

You also have the option to make a standing reservation or you can call earlier in the day and make a reservation. We did this a few times as well.

I love anytime dining. We are not unfriendly by any means, but we don't get to have quiet dinners for 2 at home much, so this was perfect for that. But if you like dining with other people, just tell the wait staff you want a table with other people. You may hit it off and make new friends. Then you can even make reservations with those people on following nights.

I'm not sure if this has changed at all, but that's the way it was then.

Enjoy your cruise.

F

Anytime dining is exactly what it sounds like. You can show up at the restaurant anytime it is opened and depending on the time you go,and whether you want to dine alone or with other people you will be seated at some point. You can also request a set time each night or even a specific table, but I caution you if you wish to do that, you must try to do it early in your cruise

Prior to our Crown inaugural cruise (wonderful!), my only experience was with traditional dining -- so I was not pleased that we were given anytime dining for the cruise.

Having done that -- I gotta tell you -- anytime is GREAT!

Much more flexibility, meet many new folks (and went with others met during the day).

The only downside to the flexibility is that your waitstaff doesn't get to know your personal likes.

I'd do either (its a cruise after all!) -- but probably would *choose* anytime rather than traditional if I had the option.

Pete

We just returned from the Crown. Anytime dining is located in the DaVinci and Michaelangelo Dining Rooms. You can make reservations-we never did. One is on Deck 5 and the other on Deck 6 - they are decorated exactly the same and have identical menus. We would check one and if there was await we would walk up or down one flight and check the other. We never waited more than 5 minutes -even on formal night. We generally ate between 7 and 8pm. The restaurant on Deck 5 always seemed to be less crowded. P.S. We thought the food was wonderful.

Archived