Help re Fare Change on POH!

laura salzy

Been reading the boards about these Wednesday sales and just checked the NCL site. Our October 2 cruise is now on the NCL site almost $800 less for the two of us in a cabin 3 doors down from where we are - same category BA. I have given a deposit and payment is due in full by July 19th. If I call NCL, will they give me the lower fare even though I am booked already or will they give me the runaround. Can I cancel the original booking altogether and start over since I have not paid in full yet? I know American Airlines will just credit you to the lowest fare but am not sure what cruiselines do. Has anyone dealt with this before?

Also, if you booked through a TA, then the TA will have to call for you. If you booked directly with NCL, then you can call them yourself. Have your reservation # and the promo code ready. I called twice for fare drops on our cruise and it's really very easy to do! Congrats on the savings!!

If NCL isn't willing to match that price, then the easiest thing to do is to cancel the booking and re-book. If you use a TA, he/she will be able to be on the look out for shipboard credits too. Best thing to do is to book on a Weds. through a cruise-only TA.

Archived