Do you think the specialty restaurants are worth the $20 pp charge??

[quote name='Nliedel']I do both and they are more than worth the price to me and my husband. The food and service is wonderful. I give a slight edge to Chops, but only a slight edge. We had a large group of CC people and they sat us all together.

I think Caribbean night (not on all ships anymore) and Italian night are the weakest. I go to the specialty restaurants those nights.[/quote]

That's great y'all were able to sit together. Our CC group tried to get seated together but they wouldn't accommodate our request. When we got to dinner in Chops, there were 18 of us (at four tables) scattered throughout the restaurant. Oh well.:rolleyes:

[quote name='taminator']That's great y'all were able to sit together. Our CC group tried to get seated together but they wouldn't accommodate our request. When we got to dinner in Chops, there were 18 of us (at four tables) scattered throughout the restaurant. Oh well.:rolleyes:[/quote]

This was on the Mariner last fall. I think it's up to the individual Maitre D's

Just got off Jewel to the Baltics. We took some Family members one night to Portofino for an Anniversary dinner.

It was fabulous, and well worth the money. We even gave them a good tip.

Pedro, from Portugal, the Manager of Portofino, on the Jewel, and our waitress Renata from Hungary were top class and the food as good as any top restaurant that we have ever eaten in, and we travel around the world.

So I would say go for it, but get in as soon as you board to book it. You will not regret it.

Happy cruising.

[quote name='Bonnie Voyager']We've always dined at Portofino when sailing on a voyager-class ship and have always LOVED it! Our service has been so exceptional that we always tip above the $20 surcharge. [B]We tip based on what we feel we'd pay for that caliber meal at home [/B](which would be about $100 for the two of us) so we usually leave a $20 tip above and beyone the $40 for the surcharge.[/QUOTE]

We do the same thing. Our meal at Chops was fantastic. Cannot wait until October :D

###

Archived