Concierge Class Benefits

Drew B

Can anybody tell me what perks come with booking a CC cabin besides the daily hors d'ouvres (I saw them - they didn't appeal to me AT ALL!). I know there has been a list posted before, but I couldn't find it, and I don't see anything on the X website.

I'm looking at a 13-night cruise on the Galaxy, and Deluxe veranda is going for $1,399 PP, CC is $200 more PP for $1,599, and a Sky Suite is only $400 more than that PP for $1,999. What would YOU do?

Thanks!

Here is a precious post that I found.

image.php?u=124035&dateline=1108178865Leela user_offline.gif vbmenu_register("postmenu_6778930", true);

Cool Cruiser

icon1.gif

From Celebrity's web site:

• Welcome champagne - (this is really sparkling wine, but it's there iced down in a bucket when you get to your stateroom)
  • Daily fruit selection - (apples, bananas, grapes, etc, all waiting in a bowl for you in your stateroom)
  • Fresh-cut flowers - (all I ever saw was a few orchids in one of those "test tube" vases, and a single rose in a bud vase in the bathroom, but it was still a nice touch)
  • Daily hors d'oeuvres - (some people hate them, and ask for cheese and fruit instead, but I kind of like them)
  • Menu of pillows - Conformance, Body, Goose, and Isotonic®
  • Duvets and pillow-top mattresses - (this to me is the whole reason for booking Concierge Class -- to get the better bedding)
  • Leather key holder, personalized stationery, a tote bag and umbrella - (you can't take the umbrella home with you, though, but it sure is nice to have available in your cabin)
  • Double-thick Frette bathrobes - (comfy!)
  • Hansgrohe® showerhead - (splooshy!)
  • VIP invitations to events - (I don't recall what these were, I think we got invited to some cocktail party)
  • Early embarkation and debarkation - (they'll put you in one of the first debarkation groups)
  • Dining and seating preference
  • Preference on shore excursions
  • Express luggage delivery - (we got our bags before the muster drill that takes place before sailaway)

I am going on my first X cruise next Dec. in a CC stateroom and it is costing us about $200 more pp also. This a honeymoon cruise for us so we are willing to pay more for these amenities. I guess you have to decide if it is worth it to you. There is also a CC class extended breakfast menu here on CC somewhere and it seems fabulous! Fresh smoothies (with soy milk if you like) and all the additional choices are truly awesome. And served every morning on your private balcony. Yeah--- it's worth it for our honeymoon.

Thank you so much. Yes, for <$16 per day, I think the better bedding would make the difference. The flowers/hors d'ouvres/fruit/etc. seems unnecessary, and I got an umbrella and tote bag, along with early embarkation and very quick luggage delivery last time WITHOUT going CC.

Now the question is how much better is the Sky Suite...

Can anybody tell me what perks come with booking a CC cabin besides the daily hors d'ouvres (I saw them - they didn't appeal to me AT ALL!). I know there has been a list posted before, but I couldn't find it, and I don't see anything on the X website.

I'm looking at a 13-night cruise on the Galaxy, and Deluxe veranda is going for $1,399 PP, CC is $200 more PP for $1,599, and a Sky Suite is only $400 more than that PP for $1,999. What would YOU do?

Thanks!

I'm having the same dilemma with Millennium...

In the skysuite you get all of the above plus a butler in a much larger cabin.

Dave:eek:

I've never quite understood the butler. I mean, the cabin steward already does more for me than I'm comfortable having somebody do. What exactly do you have a butler do for you that makes him/her worthwhile?

The size is a bit larger, and if one of the Sky Suites with the huge balconies was available, that would clinch the deal (but I think only the slightly larger balconies are available).

* I just saw, though, that the Sky Suite also gets you complimentary use of the T-Pool on Galaxy, and with a cruise with a number of at-sea days, that would make a difference. Does anybody know what T-Pool use would normally cost?

One of the best perks was that we bypassed the long lines waiting to embark, tthat alone was worth it. Debarking was another matter...but I liked the fresh fruit and the lovely rose i the bathroom...and those flowers in the test tubes.. I thought it was such a cute item I bought one... We bought our cruise at a travel show and they kept tossing in items... and I believe the CC class was one of the items they upgraded us to. One day I was trying to cancel an appt. at the spa and could not get through.. when I went downstairs I went to the CC desk and they did it for me.. We were on a 17 day cruiise.. and I would have loved a balcony.. Cruise friends had a suite with a balcony... but it was much, much, much more...

We had a SS on our 13 night Panama trip in Feb -- TRUST ME-- the extra space alone is well worth the extra $$. On a cruise that long, it is really east to start stepping all over each other, and the extra square footage is really nice. We also enjoyed the sliding glass doors as opposed to a single door, it gave the appearance of being much more open.

The butler was nice, but for us -- fairly useless. We didn't utilize his services well, I'm sure, but we didn't require much.

Extra space -- GO FOR IT!! You won't be sorry.

If you're on Galaxy, book the Sky Deck, the balconys there are huge! Our balcony was (according to the Celeb website) larger than an entire CC class room by about 5 square feet!

CC cabin passengers supposedly get priority status but what about friends traveling with them? Does one leave friends and family who are not in CC cabins and go ahead of the line (that would seem tacky) or do they allow everyone in the traveling party to embark and disembark at the same time?

We had a SS on our 13 night Panama trip in Feb -- TRUST ME-- the extra space alone is well worth the extra $$. On a cruise that long, it is really east to start stepping all over each other, and the extra square footage is really nice. We also enjoyed the sliding glass doors as opposed to a single door, it gave the appearance of being much more open.

The butler was nice, but for us -- fairly useless. We didn't utilize his services well, I'm sure, but we didn't require much.

Extra space -- GO FOR IT!! You won't be sorry.

If you're on Galaxy, book the Sky Deck, the balconys there are huge! Our balcony was (according to the Celeb website) larger than an entire CC class room by about 5 square feet!

If the Sky deck cabins were available, it would be a no-brainer. Unfortunately, only the ones on deck 10 with the small balconies are currently available...

We went CC on 2 Constellation cruises. The beds were great, with plenty of room underneath to store our empty luggage.

We loved the ISOTONIC (firm) PILLOWS. Try them, you'll like them, and you'll thank us when you get back !!!!

We have been CC members for nearly 6 years and whenever we travel with family members who do not have the CC membership (or a membership as high as ours) we bring them along in the same line, mention our membership to the rep. directing the passengers in line, and have never been handled anyway except with a pleasant smile and a "no problem" to the accompanying people. I would never go back if they treated them differently. After all X likes my business and darn well should be thankful for my friends/family.

We have been CC members for nearly 6 years and whenever we travel with family members who do not have the CC membership (or a membership as high as ours) we bring them along in the same line, mention our membership to the rep. directing the passengers in line, and have never been handled anyway except with a pleasant smile and a "no problem" to the accompanying people. I would never go back if they treated them differently. After all X likes my business and darn well should be thankful for my friends/family.

I think we're confusing two different CC's, here. We're talking Concierge Class. Are you talking Captain's Club?

We were just in CC class for our June 17th Baltic cruise on the Constellation. We paid the extra to get the 2 AFT cabins we wanted with the large balconies and for that the extra price was worth it. The bottle of Champagne we received was actual champagne and not sparkling wine on this cruise.

The fruit bowl was okay, but since you can order sliced fruit on the room service menu no big deal. We didn't like the canapes but found you could not substitute shrimp cocktail for them. The policy on this seems to have changed, since we had a different cabin steward then my Mom and son and both said they weren't allowed to do it. They did bring us cheese and crackers instead (also on room service menu) and on the days the canapes had 2 canapes with shrimp on them, they also brought us that.

Never received any VIP invitations to events that I'm aware of, other then our one for being Captain's Club members for the Captain's cocktail party.

I did like the hair dryer that was under the sink better then the one on the wall, I believe the extra hair dryer might be a CC perk.

The flowers were nice, but as someone else already mentioned not that special.

For us, we would mainly go for the CC class if one wants the extra cabin space or AFT balcony.

Diana

We were just in CC class for our June 17th Baltic cruise on the Constellation. We paid the extra to get the 2 AFT cabins we wanted with the large balconies and for that the extra price was worth it. The bottle of Champagne we received was actual champagne and not sparkling wine on this cruise.

The fruit bowl was okay, but since you can order sliced fruit on the room service menu no big deal. We didn't like the canapes but found you could not substitute shrimp cocktail for them. The policy on this seems to have changed, since we had a different cabin steward then my Mom and son and both said they weren't allowed to do it. They did bring us cheese and crackers instead (also on room service menu) and on the days the canapes had 2 canapes with shrimp on them, they also brought us that.

Never received any VIP invitations to events that I'm aware of, other then our one for being Captain's Club members for the Captain's cocktail party.

I did like the hair dryer that was under the sink better then the one on the wall, I believe the extra hair dryer might be a CC perk.

The flowers were nice, but as someone else already mentioned not that special.

For us, we would mainly go for the CC class if one wants the extra cabin space or AFT balcony.

Diana

That sounds like it's more for the M-Class ships. I was looking specifically for Galaxy, and I don't think the CC cabins are really much bigger, if at all. It seems the improved bedding and (if going to tender ports) the priority tendering are the only real benefits. I think the Sky Suite is looking best, though... Big surprise, huh?

I also read that you can request shrimp cocktail in place of the nightly hors d'oeuvres, and "tropical" fruit in place of the daily fruit that is served.

Sounds good to me!;)

You can do that and it is very nicely done as well I know I did just that

Drew, loved your comment "I've never quite understood the butler. I mean, the cabin steward already does more for me than I'm comfortable having somebody do. "

I feel the same way!

We've had butlers on Crystal and Regent Seven Seas and we always ended up chatting with them more than requesting anything. I mean the idea of letting them unpack for you -- wow, what a treat -- but I couldn't bring myself to do it! Our butler on Crystal -- he was fabulous -- kept pushing us to request stuff, hors d'oeuvres, etc. -- and so we did but a lot of the time it is confusing as to who does what.

He was great about getting us dinner reservations in the alternative restaurants when we were pretty sure we couldn't get in....

It's a nice pampering touch, though....

Carolyn

I've never quite understood the butler. I mean, the cabin steward already does more for me than I'm comfortable having somebody do. What exactly do you have a butler do for you that makes him/her worthwhile?

The size is a bit larger, and if one of the Sky Suites with the huge balconies was available, that would clinch the deal (but I think only the slightly larger balconies are available).

* I just saw, though, that the Sky Suite also gets you complimentary use of the T-Pool on Galaxy, and with a cruise with a number of at-sea days, that would make a difference. Does anybody know what T-Pool use would normally cost?

We were in a CC cabin and the only really important perk, to us, was the priority embarkation (saved 2 1/2 hours standing in line). We skipped the tender port otherwise the CC priority tender boarding would have been nice. The priority dis-embarkation is another Celebrity myth. We had to wait 2+ hours in the movie theater. If I were ever going to sail Celebrity again the CC might be worth maybe $100 per person more than a balcony.

Archived