Weather question for Dawn out of NY

Sushi

Being from the Northeast I'm sure NY in late March is pretty cold.

My question #1: At what point of the cruise does the weather start improving, first or second day? I would imagine that departure night out of NY is going to be cold but by morning not so bad. :rolleyes:

My question #2: Do I pack one longsleeved outfit or will I need more cold/cool weather outfits? I have a feeling not! I actually love the cold, it doesn't bother me at all but my DH is a different story.:cool:

Our last cruise out of NY was May of 1988 on the RCI Nordic Prince to Bermuda, not so bad, mostly rain and rough waters for a day. Lots of green faces on that cruise.:D

Thanks in advance for your input.

Sushi:

There is another message (today) about traveling out of NY in the winter already going which has several responses. However, when we cruised out of NYC at the end of March this year, the first full day at sea and the full day at sea before returning to NYC were a bit chilly; but, because I was tired of wearing winter clothing, I didn't bring any long sleeved outfits, and I was not uncomfortable. I just put on my outdoor jacket when we wanted to be outside.

Happy Cruising!

Archived