Question for all of the post cruisers aboard the Diamond/Sapphire

lkmamom

I was just reading a post about hanging onto their luggage instead of putting it out the night before disembarkation.

Our flight leaves Seattle at 12:40 pm. Does anyone see a real problrm with that? Our travel agent thought that it would be just fine. What exactly is the procedure at the airport and customs when leaving Seattle? I know that on our last cruise to Alaska, we disembarked in Van Couver and the airport scene was an absolute nightmare. We swore that we would never do that again. Thanks for any advice that anyone can give.

Linda

You can use express disembarkation, or if you don't want to or can't use it, just let them know two days before you get back to Seattle so you can get the proper tags. I also recall that Alaska/Horizon and United (and possibly others) have a special check-in line outside the terminal for cruise passengers to make things even faster. We made a 12:00 noon flight to Canada with plenty of time to spare.

Les

Thanks so much to all of you! I am one of those people that has to "prepare" for the worst and have a plan in mind.(It must come from being a critical care nurse)

We do have the Princess transport to the airport so I thought that things would be okay. Do they take care of customs as you are disembarking at the cruise terminal in Seattle? That is the way that they did it our cruise this past spring on the Golden. Just wondered.

Thanks again! Have a great and safe holiday weekend!

Linda

Hi Rob!!! I am still not used to these boards. I miss all of you guys. Thanks for the good wishes. This will be a "workin" cruise for Larry as the Mayo clinic is presenting a seminar throughout the week.

So how are you and Margarett and Pepper of course! Please give our regards. Summer is going way too fast. Tommy is working on all of the books that he has to read BEFORE school starts. Of course, Wimbledon is keeping him occupied this week.

Well good to hear from you.Take care and have a great weekend!

Linda

We had a 12:30 departure with transfers from Princess. We put our bags out the night before, was called on time the next day and had no problems with customs, finding our bags and getting to the busses.

The problem was at the airport, especially if you are flying Delta. They have no curbside check in and the Princess bus drops you at one end of the airport and you walk to the other.

Delta check in was a mess inspite of their new terminal at the airport. The cruise ships were blamed becuase they discharged all their passengers all at the same time. Delta does not have their act together in Seattle.

Yes you do stand in line for security at SeaTac, but it moves quickly.

We did make our flight, with time to spare, but don't fly Delta out of SeaTac.

Archived