Baloney room for four

dAnnMc

I would like to book a baloney room for 4 people on the Golden Princess out of New Orleans this December but it says the lower beds can not be made into a queen. Has anyone ever had this issue? I was told by a good friend (who has been on many cruises) that once on board you could ask and they would do it; however one of the upper berths would be stepping on to the queen below. Just wondering if any one has done this.

Thank-you in advance for any help.

It is my opinion that you don't want the queen bed if you are going to have 4 in the room. To answer your question, yes, you can have your steward change the bottom two twins to a queen but you would have someone stepping on the queen bed every time they wanted to go to the bathroom or get down.

Just my opinion though.

Mary

Yes, Arlene, after a slavish dedication to Royal Caribbean, I am venturing forth on the brand new Crown Princess NEXT TUESDAY!! WOOHOO!

AND....it's a girls cruise. Leaving the kids at home. (I hope that the house is still here and intact when I get back). My first experience with anytime dining, first time on a Western Caribbean itinerary, first time out of New York, CERTAINLY the first time out of Brooklyn!

;)

Thanks for noticing!

As a serious answer to the question. I have done this with ,my husband and two of our younger children. The beds can be moved together but the steward will caution you against this. As I wake if someone turns over it was not a problem. As for privacy for my husband and myself,( I know someone will wonder), what to you think kids activities are for?;)

Princess might be a little stickier about the bed issue since the fire on Star Princess. However, bologna does taste great when grilled. :)

Bologna burgers are the best!!! And to know they have a whole cabin dedicated to baloney is awesome, but I bet it will stink by now! hehehe:eek:

Well, I think 4 people in a room is baloney .... but anyway, pushing the beds together does not make for a queen size bed experience. It feels like ... well, 2 beds pushed together with a terrible ridge down the middle that only splits in half if you lie upon it.

The configuration when the bunks come out of the ceiling (if memory serves me) is to have at least 1 ladder between the lower beds. So, yes, someone will have to have a "leg up" to get into that upper bunk .... and if they have to use the facilities during the night ..... if it were me, push the beds together yourself for the "us" time and pull them back apart before the kids come "home."

First THANK-YOU to those who understand the purpose of these boards, and can ignore typing mistakes.

Second to the bullies out there who only have time to pick at others on these boards. I was trying to get info about a vacation that my family is looking forward to and was a victim of spell check. I try not to post to the boards for this reason!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yikes. Lighten up. It was an innocent mistake and people were having innocent fun. Hope you're not this tense on a cruise.

Innocent fun would be making a side joke and then answering the question. I cruise for the fun and will not be tense, that is why I am trying to get this info now.

Yes, Arlene, after a slavish dedication to Royal Caribbean, I am venturing forth on the brand new Crown Princess NEXT TUESDAY!! WOOHOO!

AND....it's a girls cruise. Leaving the kids at home. (I hope that the house is still here and intact when I get back). My first experience with anytime dining, first time on a Western Caribbean itinerary, first time out of New York, CERTAINLY the first time out of Brooklyn!

;)

Thanks for noticing!

I'm willing to take bets as to how high the pizza boxes will be when I get home on the 21st. :p

I'm willing to take bets as to how high the pizza boxes will be when I get home on the 21st. :p
My kids have the smarts to hide all evidence of whatever THEY'LL be up to while we're gone!

I just hope that there's a home to return to on the 20th!!!!!! ;)

My kids have the smarts to hide all evidence of whatever THEY'LL be up to while we're gone!

I just hope that there's a home to return to on the 20th!!!!!! ;)

My husbands a dear, but not smart enough to hide the evidence. When I came back from working in Chicago for four months (They came up to see me. Chicago is much more interesting than Ann Arbor) I counted 14 pizza boxes and Gene-Gene said that was because daddy threw most of them away before I got home.

Innocent fun would be making a side joke and then answering the question. I cruise for the fun and will not be tense, that is why I am trying to get this info now.
Sorry, my comments weren't intended to cause offense, just to have a little fun. :o You can ask to have the beds pushed together, but you might be told that's not possible. Technically, they are supposed to remain apart if the upper berths are used. This was often changed at the request of passengers. You might receive a "Sorry, we can't do this" from your cabin steward. Enjoy your cruise.

OK guys, let's quit the baloney! Inasmuch as I was one of the first instigators, I hope the original poster understands that it was all good fun and not meant to ridicule. And now I'm signing my name. :)

Arlene

Archived