Best and worst times to visit Bermuda

thetraveller28

We went to Bermuda last Sept and plan to go again this Sept. The weather was great. I don't like swimming in cold/cool waters and the ocean temps were fine then, where I would think they would still be cool up until June. Plus, we waited until schools resumed to lessen the amount of tourists.

As far as the seas--its hurricane season from June to Nov. so you always gamble. We were lucky last year and hope this year will be the same.

The prices usually drop by mid Sept also.

When is the weather the nicest and the seas the calmest. Has anyone travelled in September or October?

Thank you

The first year we traveled on the Majesty, we went in August. The weather was perfect but it was 85 degrees and extremely humid, reminded me of Florida. Last year we went later, 9/18 and the weather was much cooler about 80 but very little humidity. We just missed hurricanes, so the passage each way was a little rough but not unbearable. This time of the year is the hurricane season, so as Catchecara said you take your chances. The prices are much more affordable. For what you get, I think the Sept and Oct weeks are bargins. Our week was sold out, no upgrades available. Another factor, the kids were in school so they were not as noticable as they were on the August cruise. I don't mean to put down the kids, but my wife does day care at home and obviously needs a vacation that is not kid intense. Reading other posts, I would avoid the weeks of College break in March and April.

NCL Majesty Aug 2004

NCL Majesty Sept 2005

NCL Majesty 9/17/2006

How about those of you just returning ???? How was the weather in May/June ?????

We were on the Majesty June 11-18 this year and we had perfect weather except it sprinkled Friday morning as we left Bermuda. The sun came out about an hour or two after we left and the sunny skies were back. The ship did rock and roll a bit during the rain, but it was like glass once the rain stopped.

Jackie

Archived