Pacific Sun; waiters

discovery

Hi All,

They said that majority of the waiters came from overseas.....Some of them were from the Philippines....

Would it be possible for you to tell me if you have Filipino waiter/junior waiter? What are their names? Do you have pictures with them?

Just wanna know because I got a chance to go to their country...very nice country and people.....:)

Hi Jane,

We also had Frederik on our cruise last September. He was great!! My younger sister asked him on the first night if she could call him Freddie & it stuck. From then on he was Freddie to all of us. His fiancee also worked on the Sun and he pointed her out to us. I wonder if they have married yet? We had a different Junior Waiter but for the life of me I can't remember his name. He was a young guy also from the Phillipines and they worked well together. He was on the Star in January when we went.

The funny thing was on disembarkation day we were weaving our way through the Darling Harbour back streets trying to get out of the city & who do we come across when we stop at a red light but Freddie & his lovely fiancee waiting to cross the road. You have never seen anything as funny as a small busload of people hanging out the window shouting "Hey Freddie!!". It was a nice way to finish a fantastic cruise.

Cheers,

Chaz:)

we had a filipino man named sam on our first cruise we loved him "sam the man"... and my mum was "yum mum" he had a habit of saying yum yum and beep beep.. hehe such a nice person:)

i so cant wait to cruise again! at the moment p&o must be going thru hard times.. i just wish the media would stop twisting stories around. cruising is awesome and its not what all the idiots out there a saying

Victor was our headwaiter and Roger was our drink waiter. Both were really nice but Victor was almost too 'pretty', such a gorgeous smile and so nice. Wish we got that sort of service on land, I have never had such good table service anywhere even in London, I was very impressed.

Thanks for all the replies......Hope other PAcific Sun Cruisers could post a reply in this thread......

I honestly can't remember our waiters from Pacific Sun, and I think that's because we weren't all that impressed with the service we got. We were seated next to a table of 8 young people, who all drank more than they ate, and the waiters seemed to be more concerned with keeping the expensive alcohol coming to them, than serving our little table of 4, who usually only ordered 1 bottle of wine per night.

Our waiters on Pacific Star however, Deki & Sandip, were absolutely wonderful.

Kym

Our waiters were fantastic. I can't remember the name of the head waiter (he was from the Philippines) but our junior waiter was Chelsea & he was from Indonesia. He was beautiful. I thought the service everywhere on the Sun was 1st class.

Karen

We had a fantastic table this time round,such fun people and a lovely waiter called Agoes from Bali (Indonesia) he told us his wife and child were in Bali. He left the ship and went home a while back to work in a resort but then they had the second bomb and no one was coming to the resort so he had to come back to the ship to make money. His wife works at the resort still.He hopes to go on the Dawn for a while. He was so funny and would bring us anything.We had so many deserts!!! His pic is on my webshots pics http://community.webshots.com/user/cruisediva

Archived