Black & White, Pirate,and Masquerade balls

Global G

What do I need for the Pirate and Masquerade balls? Can you explain what they are like and if you enjoyed them? Any advice would be helpful because I am leaving to visit family on Friday and baord the ship this Saturday the 8th.

Deb

Global G

Don't worry about packing anything special for Pirate night or the Masked Ball.

QM2 offers accessories, such as masks, eye patches, pirates hats and fake swords on deck 2 on the day of these events. There is a small fee for these items.

The Pirates night was great fun. There is a Pirate Parade in the Queens room and the best Pirate receives a prize.

The Masked ball is less impressive, as the masks offered for women are hand held and the masks for men are mostly like the Lone Rangers mask.

The Black and White Ball (the night you meet the Captain) is just that. Most people dress either in black or white or a combination of both.

Hope this helps and Bon Voyage!

Maria

Maria,

Thank you for your help. Wouldn't it have been funny to show up for the masked ball in a full halloween costume :) I have a cat in the hat costume that would have gone over real well. It is good to know that I don't have to do anymore shopping or packing. Now we are just waiting.....

Deb

Now, see, I disagree with Maria.

We made our own masks (with neon wire) and put together pirate costumes! If you throw in a blouse and skirt or capris plus wear black shoes and maybe striped socks (watch Pirates of the Carib II coming out friday for hints <G>!!!) and maybe a big gold hoop earring and a black or red triangle scarf you can tie round your head, pirate style, you can make a great pirate costume without much extra planning. Pick up a cheap plastic daggar at a toy or party store. I find the more you participate the more fun. And we got into the video with our pirate cosutmes! Didn't win thought. (We wuz robbed I tell ye! Those Scurvy knaves!)

But if you are concerned about packing and those type items don't fit into your packing sheme, Maria is right. You might try an Iparty store (or online party store) for a New Orleans Mardi Gras style mask- (put it in a ziploc bag to keep the feathers from getting mussed)

The more you put into the special events, the more you get out of them. I had so much fun. and I could have cared less if I was the only one there who dressed! I got lots of compliments each time!

Karie,

who always goes all out on these things.

How do you find out if these balls are offered on your cruise. We are doing the 4 dayer out of Ft. Lauderdale...and of course I MUST pack accordingly...Thanks

Katie,

You will see when you get your pre-cruise docs It will be in there. Although it isn't always accurate. I would guess pirate, for the Carib.

Karie,

Who wishes she would be on with you!

Karie and Maria,

A friend of mine stopped by with a bag of pirates booty and mardi graw style masks. We now have bandanas, eye patches, skulls and candy swords from the Disney store. We will have to eat the candy swords or else face inspection in Heathrow on the way home :)

My husband and I are so excited to be doing this T/A. It is our first T/A and our first cruise. I will let you know how we do in the competition :)

Deb

Karie and Maria,

A friend of mine stopped by with a bag of pirates booty and mardi graw style masks. We now have bandanas, eye patches, skulls and candy swords from the Disney store. We will have to eat the candy swords or else face inspection in Heathrow on the way home :)

My husband and I are so excited to be doing this T/A. It is our first T/A and our first cruise. I will let you know how we do in the competition :)

Deb

Pictures! I wanna see pictures!

Hmm, I once flew out of Daytona with a half full bottle of tequila. The TSA said, "sorry! You have to prove it is a drinkable liquid and not gasoline or something!"..... Then they grinned and said, "We'll help you!"

Karie, Who thinks the guards at Heathrow might help you with your candy swords, too!

Archived