QE2 Films

kevankiki

Asking on behalf of my daughter (I can watch films while at home!)

She would like to know what sort of films she should expect to see while on our forthcoming cruise - 29th July & 5th August.

Can anyone advise please?

Hi! I don´t know how old your daughter is and which type of movies she likes, but usually they have the actual DVD´s on market from the last year, and some about animals or Globe trotters. Two years ago on the WC they had something of everything;comedy, action, drama.....Harry Potter, The lord of the rings, Shrek, Whale Rider, Gladiator,Bend it like Beckham,Analyze that,and lots more, can´t remember them all.

But don´t waste time on tv.......there is so much to do and nice experiences waiting.

I was thinking more of what would be on in the cinema (theatre?)

I've been on the QE2 a lot - and in all the time I've only managed to see half a film (War of the Worlds, the last time I was on). There really is so much else to do (even for a 14 year old!)

I pulled oyt my daily programmes from the January crossing. Here are the movies that were shown that week:

Wimbeldon

National Treasure

Bewitched

Meet the Fockers

Bridget Jones: Edge of Reason

Finding Neverland

I hope this reassures your daughter.

Julia

Thanks Julia, that's just the sort of reply I hoped for :)

Reading your list, it seems they are mostly older films, though one of two might be prior to being released on DVD in the UK.

I reckon my daughter will be too busy to watch films anyway, this is her first time, and I suspect she thinks that's all there is to do (despite my trying to convince her that is not the case!)

I don't think the teens actually "watch" the films. not the late night ones anyway. My Daughter was just 15 when we went on a Meditteranean cruise on QE2 in August of 2004. They (the teen club) treated it as a social event in and out for refreshments etc, chatting (quietly), they didn't sit glued to the screen, they were hanging out until the midnight buffet in the Lido. They also seemed to occupy the balcony and therefore not disturb other guests. I was pleasantly, surprised to see this level of respect for other people. The reason we know all this is that unknown to our Daughter we were in the cinema - spying of course.... it was so much easier with our boys!

As the previous posters have said, we, the oldies, found lots to do in the Grand Lounge, Queens Room (Dancing) Yacht Club, Red Lion etc...

The cinema was one location that we liked our daughter to go to at night, it meant we could find her! My recollection was that the films in the cinema were maybe 3 months old. Not the latest releases but certainly not old "classics".

Wow, thanks catandave, sounds like contrary to what others have said, it would be better for me to actually encourage my daughter to go and watch films in the evening, as that's where all the other youngsters of her age group will likely be 'hanging out' anyway.

It will be interesting to see how the cruise works out. She keeps insisting she won't want to go to the club, too shy I think, but my plan is to force her along to sign up and hope that this is a positive experience that leads to her changing her mind :D

I've already been in touch with Cunard and I'm told they currently have

113 children under the age of 17 booked on the 29th July cruise, this includes 50 children between the ages of 13 - 17. For QE2 cruise departing 05 August 2006, they currently have 138 children under the age of 18 years, this includes 69 children between the ages of 13 - 17 years.

Do encourage your daughter to go to the 'club' . We took our two grandsons two years ago, they too were saying 'no way' but they went to the first meeting to find out what it was all about & we hardly saw them after that. They had a super holiday and we were able to relax. They were 13 & 16 by the way. We only saw them for dinner in the evening & for visits ashore.

Do encourage your daughter to go to the 'club' . We took our two grandsons two years ago, they too were saying 'no way' but they went to the first meeting to find out what it was all about & we hardly saw them after that. They had a super holiday and we were able to relax. They were 13 & 16 by the way. We only saw them for dinner in the evening & for visits ashore.

This is what I am hoping will happen if I drag her along to sign up. What will actually take place at this 'sign up'? I want her to enjoy the cruise as much as we do, and while I have no objections to her hanging about with us, I really think she will get more out of it if she spends most of her time with those of her own age.

Archived