Can Anyone Help With The Correct Answer

ladid

:confused: Traveling from Boston to San Juan on 9/24 to go on Carnival Destiny and have two, possibly three flights to choose from. Does anyone know exactly what time we can board the ship? I can get in at either 10:10 a.m. or 1:40 p.m. and I don't want to stand in the heat or stand in a long line getting there in the afternoon. Also, does anyone take Carnival's transfers from airport to ship or is it cheaper to go by cab? Anyone getting back to me as soon as possible will get MANY MANY MANY THANKS, LOL

arrive at 10:10 - by the time you get your luggage and to the airport you will be on the ship about an hour after that.

arriving at 10:10 will also give you some leeway incase soemthing happens with the flight.

Take a cab instead of the carnival transfer-- you already stated you didnt like crowds.. taking the bus will get you at the pier with 80-90 people to get in line with you

You can probably get on the ship by noon. I would take the 10:10 arrival. By the time you get your luggage and get outside to catch a cab, it will be 11:00. I would definitely take a cab. (probably $20). By the time you get to the ship it will be 11:30 or so, just enough time to check-in and get on board.

Everyone that responded MANY, MANY, THANKS AGAIN. I did check with Carnival and the Travel Agency and they both said because the ship departs at 10pm at night they are not going to be boarding until 2:30pm so I will stay with the later flight. Also, I like your ideas about just taking a cab and not having to put up with the bus.

Everyone that responded MANY, MANY, THANKS AGAIN. I did check with Carnival and the Travel Agency and they both said because the ship departs at 10pm at night they are not going to be boarding until 2:30pm so I will stay with the later flight. Also, I like your ideas about just taking a cab and not having to put up with the bus.

ladid-- you can call carnival many times with the same question and get many answers to that question.

Documents will also state boarding starts at 2pm also-- if that is the case why do they start serving lunch at noon-- seems to be a waste of food for 2 plus hours.

check out www.cruiseclues.com scroll down and click on Carnival Destiny-- and read some reviews..most will state they were already onbaord byb noon.

I can tell you that arriving after 2pm is when the masses will be heading there.. especailly first time cruisers=== since that is when the documents tell you to arrive.

September is high peak hurricane season so leaving early in the day you give yourself a leeway in case something happens.

We will be getting off the Destiny the day you are getting on. Our flight arrives at 11:30am get our luggage - head to the ship. eat a lunch drop off our stuff to the cabin then head out and tour san Juan. There is a duty free store there that I hope to pick up my soda and waters after I tour the port. Back onthe ship in time for dinner.

Dinner the first night IS open seating--

Archived