Hotel In Tampa???????

revkev

I'm sorry this is really early, but I want to book a cruise on the Miracle next April.:) It leaves out of Tampa. I've not left from Tampa before.

I'm looking for a hotel to stay in that is close to the pier (if possible), so we can just relax the day/night before we leave.

thanks,

Kevin from Mpls

it is not too early to book your cruise now. i am always booked far out to get the cabin i want and in my opinion the cruise is cheaper. try www.tripadvisor.com , choose tampa and you will see how the hotels there muster up to each other and reveiws on them. i use priceline for hotels in the states. i choose a 4 star to make sure i get a good one. also the thread here for hotels under '' ask a cruise question '' has some good advice. good luck and have a great time.

Kevin,

You might want to try the http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=92 threads, but my wife and I stayed at the Courtyard by Marriott in downtown Tampa. They have a free shuttle to anywhere within two miles of the joint, and I was told the pier is less than 2 miles from there. (While you're in Tampa, try out Bahama Breeze, it's our one of our favorite restaurants and something we don't have up north here):)

Tim from Apple Valley

we will be at the rennassance (sp?) in 43 days, got a great rate if you are a marriott member! I think it was rated # 2 or 3 by trip advisor

I will post the review in the hotel section after we get back

I've stayed at Chase Suites, Doubletree Westshore and Wyndham Westshore and all were fine. Chase Suites is nice if you have a large family as they offer 2 bedroom suites. Their price includes transportation from the airport and to the pier and free breakfast. The last time we stayed there it was about $175/night. Doubletree offers a free shuttle from the airport and to the pier and Wyndham only has an airport shuttle. I booked the Doubletree on Priceline for about $60/night and the Wyndham on Hotwire for about $75/night.

Read the big Tampa thread. Just scroll down, you'll find it. Westshore is near airport and shopping malls. Most everything in the area is OK.

Downtown, near the pier, Embassy Suites is brand new, Marriott Waterside is big convention hotel right on the river. Other downtown properties are fine too. You can even consider Ybor which isn't too far. Nice Hampton Inn and Hilton Garden.

We are sailing from Tampa in Oct. I will be staying at the Embassy Suites. They have a cruise & stay special, 2 room suite for $99. You have to show your cruise tickets at check-in. They will pick you up at the airport, shuttle you to the ship, and from the ship back to the airport.

Archived