smugglin' cervesas!

quick question to all you cruise VIP and ALUMNI's.. can anyone give some 'tricks of the trade'...? We have heard that some people have been able to bring their own alcohol (clear liquid) aboard the ship via disguising it in water bottles, other containers, etc...

anyone have any insight?

thanks and hope I am not offending anyone...:cool:

Or, instead of all this silliness with decanting, just put whatever you want into your checked luggage. We have done this on every cruise - even brought 3 cases of Miller Lite once! If it gets "confiscated", you will get it back at the end of the cruise, so I think it's worth taking a chance.

We tried some of the local beers while on some of our Caribbean cruises, and when we'd buy a six-pack in port, we checked it through and took it straight to our cabin. The steward even brought ice and put one of the bottles in to chill so DH could have a cold one every night! We haven't tried to bring any on at embarkation, but we HAVE brought several six-packs of soda in checked luggage.

we didnt even bother to change the bottles. Had a 30 pack of bud light, 2 2 liters of coke and a 1.75L of bacardi in the checked luggage. Everything made it to the room safe and sound.

Oh, our original plan was to buy the liquor in miami...but just pack it in your luggage before hand. And definitely DONT carry it on the ship. They were stopping people for that.

Im probably going to razzed for this LOL but I had the same question.

as many cases as you can get in the checked luggage and you can load that up in your stateroom. When you get off the ship you can bring back a 12 pack easily. Has worked for me everytime so far.Let's hope that trend continues. CERVACA POR FAVOR!!!:D

Everyone on this thread.......above me.........has had the correct answer to your question. It's so simple, I'm not sure why it's even brought up anymore. It's almost the same question as.............If they give me a card to get into my room......will I be able to get into my room??

It's time to give this subject a break!!

Rick

On the last cruise I took, we packed a 12 pack of Coke in our luggage. We were called off the ship back to port to unlock our luggage. (they thought it might have been beer so they wanted to confiscate it)...when they saw it was just coke, they let it slide.....

Had a bottle of wine in another piece of luggage, that went through fine. I think the cans are a bit of a "red flag" when it goes through x-ray.... maybe glass is better? Just a thought.....

Also keep in mind that if you bring a bottle of wine with you to dinner, they may charge a corking fee (i do NOT know if that is true, since we jsut had our wine in our room)....

Archived