What cabin cat. and what deck should I stay on for Sapphire cruise to Alaska?

gwennw

Hi...I am going on my first Alaska cruise on the Sapphire Princess in July 2007. I am familiar with RCL ships, but am new to the Sapphire and to the Alaska itinerary. I am wondering if a Mini Suite is worth the extra money over a Cat. BB room? Also, how rainy have you found previous Alaska cruises to be? Is it important to get a completely covered balcolny? Any imput on your favorite cabins, categories and decks would be appreciated! Thanks!:D

We had a mini on the Coral last summer and LOVED IT!!

The fact that it was uncovered did not make a difference to us, could sit just inside, next to the door, if that the rain was an issue.

We had some rain, but not enought to deter us from anything we wanted to do, more of a "pain in a$$" drizzle than a downpour. The large brim on my "ball cap" was a big plus in keeping my glasses somewhat dry.

If youy can't swing a balcony, I'd get a room very near the exit to a deck, so you can easily get outside for great viewing.

The best views are up on deck - in front, and the extra buzz of energy you get in sharring it with everyone else is a real treat. As I recall they had plaid blankets laid out for anyone to use, in case the chill got to you.

We had a mini on the Diamond (sister to the Sapphire) and love it. Had a balcony on the Sapphire and loved it also although we missed the extra sitting room that the mini provides.

We sailed Alaska in May and had no rain and really enjoyed the time we spent on our balcony. Only one days was cold and you just cannot beat sitting on the balcony through the glaciers.

Happy Sailing

Mary

Here is a link on the Sapphire that someone posted a few weeks ago

http://www.shipcafe.net/shipcafe/sph/sph04.htm

We'll be leaving in a couple of weeks (July 22) for a southbound Sapphire cruise. According to what I've read on these boards, we are indeed blessed with good fortune. We have C306 - caribe balcony (port side), just a little forward. We should have no problem whatsoever with seasickness, even if the waters get rough! We are near the elevator (my mom's room is across from us as she has a little trouble with mobility). The caribe balconies are larger than the others and are part open, part covered. If it rains, we can get under the covered part. Otherwise, we will have a nice large balcony so that the 3 of us can have lots of breakfasts & quality time in the great Alaska outdoors. I'll let you know how it goes, but this is looking like perfection to me!

In Alaska I would really really miss not being able to use my balcony in bd weather.... and we don't spend time inside so a balcony cabin on Baja, Aloha -- any deck that has covered balconies... midship or aft.. aft cabins on Aloha are close to rear viewing area (a plus).

We were on the Star Princess three years ago and had a Balcony on Lido it was L227. Wasn't a mini but worked great for the two of us we spent alot of time out there. It was very private the weather was wonderful it was the first week in August.

Dianne

Archived