canada excursions

powersl

Three cheers - the shore excursions for our canada trip has finally been posted. Any suggestions from folks that have been there before.

Any comments about the whale watch in bar harbor and also comments about which mansions to view in newport

Now I have about a million questions but back later with them . So excited that finally we can look at the tours the ship is offering.

The Breakers (Vanderbilt Mansion) is by far and away the most impressive of the "summer homes". That is a must see.

The other one I'd go to see is Rosecliff. The movie "The Great Gatsby" was filmed there. I can still picture Robert Redford standing on the top of the "heart shaped staircase".

Enjoy

Someone posted on the roll call board that the shore excursions had be posted for the Dawn cruising to Canada/New England. For the life of me I can't find it. The only one I see up is for the 2005 Jewel cruise. I must be a nit-wit or something. Could you post a link?

Someone posted on the roll call board that the shore excursions had be posted for the Dawn cruising to Canada/New England. For the life of me I can't find it. The only one I see up is for the 2005 Jewel cruise. I must be a nit-wit or something. Could you post a link?

this should do it

http://164.109.173.140/shorex/canew/canew_shorex.htm

http://164.109.173.140/shorex/downloads/tours/cn_dawn_tour_2006.pdf

and this is where it came from

http://164.109.173.140/shorex/#

If it were me, I'd do them one after another, and then shop in "downtown" Newport. All of the significant Mansions pretty much line up next to each other along Bellevue Avenue.

But that's just me....... :)

Are the mansions very different from one another ? Thinking now about vanderbilts (3 1/2 hour tour) and not sure about other one. Can we walk from one to the next?

is the cliffwalk close to the mansions?

Also looking at the lighthouse/harbor cruise almost 3 hours

We are on the Sept. 2nd sailing.

Do you think they will add departure times and prices later to the list?

We are on the Sept 9th sailing

The prices and timings are already there.

If you open the link with the order form for your date, scroll right down the page and the order codes, departure times and prices are all there.

They don't seem badly priced. I suspect that you can do a lot of them on your own, but I have looked at the harbour hopper and they are only charging $5 more than the website price.

If you open the link with the order form for your date, scroll right down the page and the order codes, departure times and prices are all there.

quote]

I give up. I guess I am just not supposed to go on any ship excursions. I am fairly computer savvy so I can't understand why I can't get to the page. The only thing I can get to is the pdf file and that is only because you have provided me a direct link. Oh well.....

quote]

I give up. I guess I am just not supposed to go on any ship excursions. I am fairly computer savvy so I can't understand why I can't get to the page. The only thing I can get to is the pdf file and that is only because you have provided me a direct link. Oh well.....

Here it is

http://164.109.173.140/shorex/downloads/orderforms06/cn_dawn_0902.pdf

If you open the following link and then click on your sailing date, another pdf will open with the order form. Scroll down for the price list

http://164.109.173.140/shorex/canew/canew_shorex.htm

it could be a pop up so make sure you are allowing pop ups from the NCL site

is the cliffwalk close to the mansions?

Also looking at the lighthouse/harbor cruise almost 3 hours

Yes, the cliffwalk is in some of the mansions backyard. Last year we rented mopeds to get to the mansions but we only rode by them.....this year I think we are going to rent a car.

Archived