Transfering your reservation from NCL to a travel agency???

Lydia B.

Good morning,

I originally booked my cruise directly through NCL, but I have found a better deal via a cruise broker. The new company said NCL would have to call them...but NCL is saying the travel agent has to call them in order to switch.

Frankly the new agency calling NCL makes more sense to me, both sides sound as if they know what they are doing. I am a bit lost, for those of you who had done this...how did you do it?? Thanks, Lydia

I transferred my reservation yesterday from NCL to a TA. You need to fax them a letter with your name, address, reservation # and travel dates and indicate which travel agency and their telephone number that you are switching to.

You need to indicate to transfer all monies that have been applied to the travel agency also.

Here is what I said

Please transfer my booking to the following Travel Agency with all monies applied.

The fax number is 305-436-4148

Carol

Thanks Carol, your info. confirmed part of what I had been told. I had three different things being told to be by three different folks. I have sent and e-mail and a fax to the number you had. Didn't know to ask them to transfer the money...I will ree-mail. Ya know it shouldn't be this hard!!!

Where are you at in Ohio? I am in Reynoldsburg, a burg of Columbus!

Carol,

I meant to ask, how long did it take...did your new TA notify you that it had been transfered or did NCL. I am a bit anxious over this as I got too many stories....hoping it is a done deal soon. Lydia from Ohio

Hi Lydia,

We are outside of Cincinnati. I faxed the request on Wednesday night and sent an e-mail to agent yesterday. She called for the information with NCL and they said that they didn't get the fax. So, I sent it again and put SECOND REQUEST with the time that I sent it. The agent called this a.m. and indicated that it had been transferred.

Hope this helps!

Carol

Well, if you are going south on 75, make sure you honk when you get to the Cincinnati-Dayton Road exit! That's where I am at!

Where are you cruising to? We are going to Hawaii in May 2007. I am going thru cruise withdrawal right now.....

Carol

We did the same thing. We booked initially with NCL (only because it was on a Saturday and the TA office wasn't open). Monday I faxed them the letter and by that evening, it had been transferred (with email confirmation). No worries!

Thanks to all...I did not hear back today and since it if Friday...will probably not hear until Monday. But both of you have put me at ease, thanks so much.

Carol...ok I checked out the info. on you on cruise critic, would you believe I also was born in Nov. and am in insurance (title insurance)...weird huh.

I am doing Hawaii too, on the POH leaving next April. Here is my e-mail address in case you want to trade tips!!! bellknap@att.net

Everyone have a good weekend, Lydia

What would be the advantage of transferring a fully paid reservation to a TA that was booked directly through NCL? I would like an upsell, although we are already in an AD Penthouse. I would like an AC or AB or better if possible, but the ship NCL Sun to Alaska leaving 8/12/06 seems pretty sold out. If there is a better chance of an upsell with a TA, I'll switch.

Ok it took a bit, but I got my reservation transfered from NCL to a new agency. Reason why a much better deal. I will give kudos to NCL as they tried to match the deal (didn't even know they would consider that) and were kind about what I was doing. New TA sent paperwork and it was as promised so I feel good about the whole thing.

Does this increase your chances of a upsale...no as that is determined by NCL.

Carol on your time clock you have "Price" of Hawaii is that a typo are are you just being dang honest about the whole thing, ha ha.

Thanks to all for the assistance, Lydia

Ha..ha...major faux paux! I fixed it. And then I removed the countdown! I just got my confirmation from my TA and ooops! They didn't have the discount that they promised me. I sent them a little note saying, this is the same rate that I had with NCL, so where am I saving the $$ that you promised? Hopefully, I will get a response tomorrow. If I don't then I will give the reservation back to NCL. Ugh...the little things that make you nuts.

Here is my e-mail address crieger@cinci.rr.com

Oh no! There is an ALLSTATE commercial under my response! Grrr...the competitors....how ironic that an insurance company commerical is there!

hula hula

Carol

Archived