Undecided with our excursions, wanna help?

pampaul

We've never been on a cruise or to any of the islands for that matter. That's why we need some help on what to choose. We're leaving 8/19 on the Dawn and will be in Kings Wharf Bermuda, GSC and Nassau Bahamas.

We'd like to do the City Tour & Pirate Museum of our Bermuda excursion

A beach day in GSC

And either Trolley train tour of West End OR Scenic West End & South Shore Taxi Tour in the Bahamas. We don't have much time here.

Can you tell me how the pirate museum is and what it's like? What's there to do, see?

And which would you choose for the Bahamas excursions. The trolley train tour is only an hour (so we could definately do something else) and then the taxi tour is 3hrs long (so we might fit some sightseeing in with that)

Can ya help out if you've been on these tours? Thanks

We are on this same cruise leaving July 15th. We are doing the West End Taxi Tour in Bermuda. The best excursion I have ever been on was a taxi tour on one of the other islands, hope this one is as good. No tour planned in Nassau because of the crazy time we are there. Just getting off ship and looking around the town. We were in Nassau on our first ever cruise back in 1987, think it might have changed a little bit. We are looking forward to seeing it again. Hope to see Atlantis this trip. Vicki

I took my boys to the Pirate Museum in Nassau a few years ago. They were 11 and 15 at the time. They thought it was pretty lame. And so did I.

Not sure what time you'll be in Nassau, but the Atlantis resort is kinda cool to see. Just grab a taxi over there. There are plenty right outside the tourist building. We paid to go through the Dig with our kids, but I didn't feel it was worth it. You can see some of the aquarium for free and that's all I would do if I were to go there again. After the Atlantis, you might want to just walk to the shops right by the pier. There's plenty of shopping easy walking distance to and from the ship.

Nassau isn't my favorite port, but it is safe and easy to navigate. Hope this helps. And have a great time. We were on the Dawn May '05 and loved it.

I took my boys to the Pirate Museum in Nassau a few years ago. They were 11 and 15 at the time. They thought it was pretty lame. And so did I.

Not sure what time you'll be in Nassau, but the Atlantis resort is kinda cool to see. Just grab a taxi over there. There are plenty right outside the tourist building. We paid to go through the Dig with our kids, but I didn't feel it was worth it. You can see some of the aquarium for free and that's all I would do if I were to go there again. After the Atlantis, you might want to just walk to the shops right by the pier. There's plenty of shopping easy walking distance to and from the ship.

Nassau isn't my favorite port, but it is safe and easy to navigate. Hope this helps. And have a great time. We were on the Dawn May '05 and loved it.

I don't know if I would say Nassau is Safe. Don't go alone were you don't feel safe. I could be wrong but I have read that it has the highest murder rate in the world. I have been there and did not feel unsafe. We were out late at nite at Atlantis wife and I. But found out about the crime when we got home. Just use caution as you would on any trip and have fun.

I don't know if I would say Nassau is Safe. Don't go alone were you don't feel safe. I could be wrong but I have read that it has the highest murder rate in the world. I have been there and did not feel unsafe. We were out late at nite at Atlantis wife and I. But found out about the crime when we got home. Just use caution as you would on any trip and have fun.

I was only giving the OP my impressions of Nassau having been there a number of times. I've walked around Nassau, took a buggy ride, a taxi, and the water taxi both with my husband and by myself and never felt unsafe. We go into NYC alot (my husband works there) and perhaps because of that we are more street savvy? I don't know. Of course, one must always use common sense when traveling anywhere, even in your own community. But I've had worse experiences with street people in NYC than I have in Nassau. JMO

Archived