Bahia Mar Beach Resort in Fort Lauderdale???

many cruises

After weeks of bidding on Priceline for a precruise hotel, we got the Bahia Mar Beach Resort in Fort Lauderdale (beach area) for $90.00. We have always had great luck with Priceline & this hotel is listed as 3 stars. Unfortunately, the trip advisor reviews for this hotel are pretty bad. For those of you who have stayed there...it is really that bad?

we stayed here in November of 2005.

If you get room in main hotel no problem.

We were first put in the rooms across the breezeway as a lot of other people checking in that night. Alot of disappointed people. i also had bid on Priceline.The rooms in the main building are 3 star and the others are 1 star in my opinion. Just tell them when you booked or bidded you were bidding on a 3 or 4 star whatever you got. The rooms had been wet from the storn a few weeks before. Smell horrible. Close to water taxi which was nice. I just told them I wasn't staying in those room across the breezeway. Talk to manager if you can get satisfaction. He was a very nice gentlemen. Stay in main part of hotel.

Hi:

Wow....I really feel foolish now. We booked the Jewel of the Seas for New Years Eve next year ....2007 and a pre-night stay at this hotel, for the 29th of December, for a price of $334.00. Was the price that high because it was right before New Years? We booked it thru our TA and she said that price was correct, because I had asked her to double check the price as it seemed way high but our cruise is also, being a New Years Eve cruise. I also read the reviews on Trip Advisor and none of them were too encouraging. I'm trying to decide if I should change hotels or not.

Please report back how your stay was.

Thanks.

Happy Cruising.....Sparkle 10 (Anita):(

Thanks for posting everyone. I will post after our stay...hopefully ours will be a more positive review of this hotel. Is there anyone out there that has stayed at the Bahia Mar that can give this hotel a better review? We're hoping someone will post one. ;)

My wife and I stayed there last Sept before our cruise. Booked it on Priceline for (I think) around $ 79.00 . Cab to the hotel, since they have not shuttle is around $ 15.00.

Was booked in the main building, tower, but was upgraded to an oceanview. That was the best part. Room was very damp, a little smelly. Kept the doorwall open for a while to air it out. Fairly worn furniture, carpets, bathroom, etc. Lobby nice.

Good location to water taxi, but not many good places to eat within walking distance.

Glad we stayed in the main building, the annex looked poor,old.

We have stayed in the 17th Street area before, Holiday Inn Ex, Embassy Suites........and really missed those hotels and the area around them.

Going to stay in one of those hotels for our next cruise as it really is much,much better for our needs. Good food close by, markets for wine, beer to carryon, drugstores for last minute purchases.

In all, the Bahia Mar was just OK, nothing really nice, but I would not pay more than $90.00 for the room at any time of the year and I have been in many, many, many different hotels.

Hope this helps.

Larry

Archived