dolphin swim

fitty

I am hoping someone can give me guidance on which dolphin swim excursion to choose on a Mexican Riviera Cruise. There is a swim with the dolphins in Acapulco, Puerto Vallarta and cabo San Lucas. They all seem pretty much the same as far as length of time and actually getting in the water with the dolphins. Has anyone been on one of these excursions and had a preference for one over another?:p

We did the one in Puerta Vallarta. It was AWESOME. We were lucky and only had 5 people in our group. More time with the dolphins. We also had two baby dolphins. They were so cute. Mothers wanted all the attention. They would swim between us and the babies so they would get stroked. Riding the dolphin at the end around the pool was the best part.

We also did the dolphins in Puerta Vallarta, booked thru Princess, five also in our group, I think the dolphins were 18 months old.. They had two dolphins per group. They did all the jumping out of the water tricks, and we rode on there backs at the end. Fed them fish, alot of swimming(or should say treading water)with them. Before the tour, it never dawned on me that the water would be salt water, what was I thinking? Just jumped in(with life jacket) and got a mouth full of it..

One of the best tours we've been on. The pictures were pricey, but had to have them..

We also booked the Dolphin Swim in PV and really enjoyed it. Like the other poster said we were not expecting salt water because we had just not thought about it and ended up with stinging eyes for a little while. I would really recommend this excursion and we booked it through Princess.

I have done both the swim with the dolphins in puerta Vallarta and the dolphin trainer for a day. If you can afford it do the trainer. You are there all day with the dolphins. You "get" a swim, and encounter and a training session, not to mention a tour etc. I am going to do it again in April. I would highly recomend this

Irish,

Did you book the excursion through Princess or on your own?

Yep booked thru Princess. We wanted to do other things that day so took a pass on the trainer group. Either way you won't be disappointed.

Irish

Archived