What happens if you miss the last tender?

Tinalou

:eek:

Shocking thought.

Is it possible to miss the last tender?

What happens if you do? :eek: :eek: :eek:

I guess anything is possible but when you think about the fact that there isn't a great deal to do on some of the islands (apart from swimming & snorkelling) the amount of time you have there is plenty. If you do miss it it's going to cost you a fortune. My advice is "DON"T MISS IT:eek: "

Karen

Swim Fast! Sorry could not resist that.

I did see some one coming rushing back in a taxi at one of our ports, and ran to the ship. Also once we were all on board, they call out various names to check that all people are on board, they have to report to the pursers office.

:eek:

Is it possible to miss the last tender?

What happens if you do? :eek: :eek: :eek:

Here is some advice a Captain used to tell all his passengers about missing the ship.............

"Make sure you have your camera with you,as the best shot you will get as a memory of your holiday... is the ship sailing away from you!!!!!!!!!"

Swim Fast!

Lol! Funny, funny.

I was just asking because I thought there was some kind of roll call or some way that they ensured all the passengers were back on board but I guess that's everyone's own responsibility, right? ;)

How terrible would it be to miss it! Oh dear. :eek:

Thanks for your replies ladies and gents. I will be on the tenders very early because I will be paranoid about missing them. HEh! :o

As you leave the ship you have to swipe your card and same on arriving back onboard.They can quickly tell who hasn't come back.As others have said you are usually tired out and ready for a shower and food long before sailaway. Maybe Noumea and Vila if you were on a tour you might be late and if its a ships tour they will hold the ship for it

Lol! Funny, funny.

I was just asking because I thought there was some kind of roll call or some way that they ensured all the passengers were back on board but I guess that's everyone's own responsibility, right? ;)

How terrible would it be to miss it! Oh dear. :eek:

Thanks for your replies ladies and gents. I will be on the tenders very early because I will be paranoid about missing them. HEh! :o

They'll know your not onboard, but unless your on a ships tour, and its delayed, there not going to wait for you :-)

If your lucky you might be able to hitch a lift on the pilot boat, but chances are you'll end up paying a fortune for flights to the next port :)

As someone said, DONT miss the boat.

They make regular announcements about the times of the tenders and the time of sail away so unless you are completely 'off with the fairies' then you won't miss the last tender. I guess one of the reasons it pays to book through P&O is that they won't go without you. I was too tired and hot and sticky by lunchtime anyway and was quite happy to go back to the ship and 'relax'.

Hi all

If you are on a island eg dravuni or yasawa i rara - the ship will not leave without you - i know my hubby was one of the last 3 to get back to the ship - his excuse was he was too busy snorkelling and forgot the time when he visited yasawa i rara. :eek:

If you are in a country where there is a consulate eg fiji or tonga they will page you and wait for approximately an hour past sail time. After that time if you are not on the ship it WILL sail without you and it is up to you to make your own way to the consulate and organise travel to either the next port or home (at your expense and insurance doesn't cover this). one couple almost got left behind in tonga - they made it to the ship with 5 minutes to spare - they were 55 minutes late after the original time for all passengers to be on board!!

of course, if you are on a ship organised tour they will not leave without you.

Cheers Rach

We were talking to one of the officers while waiting for a tender at Pentecost and he was saying they have a pretty water tight (pardon the pun) system for making sure everyone's back on board - particularly at the islands where tendering is required. The last tender won't leave for the ship until the bridge are completely confident that everyone is back on board - which is usually pretty easy as long as everybody, crew included, properly "cards off" and "cards on" when leaving/going back on the ship

My partner saw one couple in Noumea get a lift from the wharf to the ship in Noumea as the ship, I think Fair Princess, was already underway from when a couple came rushing up to the ship. I think the experience of climbing up the side of ship on a rope ladder was probably enough to make sure that they never missed the ship again.

Yes, they do hold the ship if P&O Organised shore tours are delayed. When we were in the only passengers that were missing was one of the shore tour groups, and as soon as the bus pulled up and the last passenger was up the gangway, they had the gangway in and the ship was pulling away from the wharf.

I think the experience of climbing up the side of ship on a rope ladder was probably enough to make sure that they never missed the ship again.

LOL! :eek:

Now that would be a sight....

Poor people, what a holiday memory. Lol...:eek: :rolleyes:

My Aunt cruised before (but in a different cruising line) and they were left in Germany I think.

It was quite a funny experience because their group was all running when they heard the ship's signal and unfortunately, they did not make it on time.

They have to book a flight to catch the ship on the next country....

Archived