How to pay for excursions

CMA05

I'm thinking of booking excursions with Turismo Nuevo Mundo , Active-Argentina, Aqua-motion Tours. Do I have to pay them in advance? I've read from previous posts, you can pay them when service is delivered.

For the tour to Iguazu, it invloves booking flights, the tour company require full payment. I just don't feel comfortable paying in advance.

Please advice

This is one reason we booked nearly all our tours with a company in the USA who brokered the tours we took. We used http://www.southstartours.com and paid for our tours before we left on our cruise. They provided us with vouchers that we gave to the tour guides when they picked us up. No need to risk sending credit card information ahead of time via non-secure e-mail.

The only exception was our trip in Puerto Montt when we used http://www.chile-travel.com/eureka.htm for a private car tour. While they did require both a fax of my passport and a credit card number ahead of time, they did not charge the credit card until the day of our trip (we stopped at their office to do this). They took the number to assure getting paid if we no-showed (although we did confirm that they would not count it as a no-show if the ship was unable to dock). Be sure you inquire about this when booking private tours anyplace when you are cruising.

Archived