Formal shoe advice needed

Need help deciding which color shoes would go with both formals. One is champagne and the other is light green. I was thinking about silver or clear. Any suggestions of places that would have low heels on dress shoes? I am almost 6 feet tall so high heels are out of the question.

Barb

I have seen champagne colored shoes before. I would think if you could find that color, it would go with both. Clear shoes would also look nice, I have always wondered how those could ever be very comfortable. I've never tried a pair on, though, they just look like they would be sweaty and plastic doesn't stretch and mould like fabric or leather. I envision sweaty feet with red welts across the instep after a couple hours. Okay, enough of my imaginations, others who have actually worn them may have a different opinion.

Naturalizer has some nice lower heeled dress sandals (you have to sort through some very stodgy styles as well if you look online).

I think these are a nice neutral

Don't be ashamed of being tall! Pick a shoe with a heel that complements your dress. Flat shoes can be so unflattering... worse than feeling too tall! I stopped worrying about that, if people think I shouldn't wear heels, that's their problem not mine! (of course, my definition of heels is pretty low because my feet can't bear the torture!).

Thanks all! That is a wonderful link! I went to the mall and looked at all the shoe stores. Didn't find anything that looked comfortable. I have a beautiful champagne Bandolito shoe with rhinestones on them. They are NOT the most comfortable shoe. I think the champagne does match well with the dresses.

You're right. The silver would probably not be the ideal choice.

Keep the links and ideas coming!

Barb

I have this shoe in black and white and it is pretty comfortable, plus they look good with a formal, a sundress, capris, just about anything. I find the heel just about right, I can wear them all day at the office without feeling crippled by quitting time.

Upon a closer look at the photo, it looks like that material the "natural" color is made of isn't leather like the black and white ones I have, more of a fabric-y looking stuff, so not a good recommendation, sorry!

Archived