Legend of the Seas - Did I make mistake?

I just booked two aft cabins on Legend of the Seas for March 2008. She will be sailing out of Santo Domingo and really liked the itenerary.

I have read that the aft cabins on the Legend get soot from the exhaust stack, is this true, my cabins are on deck 7.

I was on Enchantment of the Seas before the stretch and really liked that ship.

Thanks in advance.

I just booked two aft cabins on Legend of the Seas for March 2008. She will be sailing out of Santo Domingo and really liked the itenerary.

I have read that the aft cabins on the Legend get soot from the exhaust stack, is this true, my cabins are on deck 7.

I was on Enchantment of the Seas before the stretch and really liked that ship.

Thanks in advance.

All I can say is we are sailing on Legend to the med for the second time.. in 4 weeks..with our family. she is a lovely ship. Not the biggest and not the newest. We have booked again for next year....August 2007...our 3rd an most unexpected cruise...because of the fantastic itinery in Italy. 2 full days in Venice and 2 fulll days in Livorno for florence and Pisa. I Don' know about the soot..or the aft cabins...but if you click on my signature..Cruiser Carol...you will find all the posts going back a year to our first cruise...and mostly all are topics to do with Legend. Many, many threads..with many different peoples' views of the ship..and lots of helpful information. Carol

We had both a Legend and Splendour (same ship) aft on 7th deck. There was a SMALL amount of soot occasionally on the chairs. I only saw a piece or two but I figured there was some that was too small to see. We asked the steward for extra towels and used them for the chairs. The only time I really cared was when I was dressed in white slacks.

Enjoy the cabin, LARGE balcony and view.

Marci

The Legend aft balconies are deep enough that if you pull your chairs in towards the cabin, you can avoid most soot spots. We had one chair that pretty much had "permanent" black marks. I was afraid it would rub off on my shorts, so I asked the cabin attendant for an extra towel so I could cover the chair. It was not a problem.

Thanks all for the quick replies, seems like all will be just fine. I had done a search last night but Cruiser_Carol your thread did not come up in the search.

I guess I will have to start a roll call and put Legend of the Seas in my signature :-)

Thanks all for the quick replies, seems like all will be just fine. I had done a search last night but Cruiser_Carol your thread did not come up in the search.

I guess I will have to start a roll call and put Legend of the Seas in my signature :-)

Hi Magnumcoog......You should be able to click on my name...next to the picture of my little dog Eddie at the top of this message..and the profile for me will come up. It will say all the posts by this person..threads started etc. click on any one of them...and Legend will be in there somewhere. I just checked it on names that are offline and online... it does work for both. Also...At the top of this cruise critic page..it will list many options. Members chatboards..which is what we are on..and it will give members reviews and professional reviews. click on either of them and scroll to Legend..you will find lots of write ups on the ship. Also a good site for a glimpse of what Legend looks like..is... www.virtualtoursusa.com/legendseas.htm .....which shows a 360 picture of the various parts of the ship. Many areas...especially the windjammer Cafe...are vastly improved .. and the solarium..since these pictures were taken. A Ben & Jerrys' ice cream and Latte tudes' coffee bar have been added during last years refit...but the general feel of the ship comes through. Let me know how you get on. regards, carol

Hi again...The review choices are actually listed just under the picture of the ship...with red arrows next to each menu selection. The RC cruise reviews will be by professional Travel agents etc. the member reviews are by the passengers like you and me. also of interest..though a lot of reviews and stuff are a bit dated...http://www.cruiseclues.com/shipstips/legendoftheseas.htm

There are many photos...a calendar to track where she is and lots of information. Hope this helps ..regards, carol

Archived