Excursions! Can anyone recommend for CB Eastern

mbrock800

This is my first ever post so I hope I am doing it correctly!

My husband and I are going on CB Eastern on September 30th. Can anyone recommend any good excursions on the trip? Are there any excursions to avoid?

mbrock800

RCCL Majesty of the Seas7/1996

This is my first ever post so I hope I am doing it correctly!

My husband and I are going on CB Eastern on September 30th. Can anyone recommend any good excursions on the trip? Are there any excursions to avoid? mbrock800

RCCL Majesty of the Seas7/1996

Hello and welcome!

Great job with your first post ;)

I'd be happy to help with your excursions (and the CB). It might be helpful to know what activities you and your husband enjoy. Are you interested in beaches, snorkeling or touring? Let us know what you're looking for and I'm sure all the wonderful CCr's will be happy to help. In the meantime ask away and remember to check the Port of Call boards for more information.

You're sure to have a wonderful time on the CB.

Sharon,

Thanks for the tip. I guess it definitely would be helpful for people to know our interests! :)

We love anything with water, but we also love shopping, sightseeing, really anything. We don't drink alcohol so that is not a draw for us to go on any particular excursion.

IMHO if you are at all "water people" one of the best shore options in the Caribbean is the America's Cup Yacht Race on the 12 metre boats in St Maarten but it books up quickly ... so I'd reserve online ASAP. St Maarten is really a beach destination IMHO and not being a beach person we usually do something like this or the Lord Sheffield, a wonderful sailing yacht that has a good day excursion.

On St THomas the catamaran to St John is a good option and the B.O.B. If you want to venture out on your own there are good beaches (although Sapphire Beach has closed its bar and restaurant etc.).. It too is a great destination for snorkeling..

..and then of course there's the shopping in both.. close to the dock in St THomas if you don't want to fight cabs etc. to "downtown" but better IMHO in St Maarten where you can take the water taxi to the shopping wonderland!

Sharon,

Thanks for the tip. I guess it definitely would be helpful for people to know our interests! :)

We love anything with water, but we also love shopping, sightseeing, really anything. We don't drink alcohol so that is not a draw for us to go on any particular excursion.

Hello again,

Host Caroline is correct about the great catamaran excursions in St. Thomas and St. Maarten. I also agree about the shopping.

In over 5 times in St. Thomas I have never been shopping downtown :eek: strange but true. I find all the shopping I need right at Havensight.

My last CB cruise to the eastern - I FINALLY went to the beaches - Magen's Bay in St. Thomas and Orient Beach in St. Maarten. Both were beautiful and I enjoyed them immensely. Since I was going alone, I choose the ship's excursions but many people will confirm that they are very easy to do on your own.

Paradise Point offers fabulous views of St. Thomas and that is an easy walk from the ship. The islands tours are nice too ;) .

Sharon,

We love water and I love shopping to so in St Thomas, we are doing the shopping, sightseeing and snorkling tour with Godfrey. For 25.00 he will pick you up at the dock and you can go shopping for 1, 2 or 3 hours, then he picks you back up and takes you sightseeing then to the beach of your choice for swimming or snorkling. We booked it for our next cruise.

Hope that helps.

Are you going to Nassau by chance? The dolphin swim is fantastic if you are. I will never forget it.

Oh forgot to list the site for Godfrey: http://www.godfreytoursvi.com/

The Champagne Catamaran in St. Thomas is a wonderful excursion!!!! I love to do those in the afternoon but it appears they are only doing them in the mornings. Had to hold the ship too many times I guess!!

The America's Cup Regatta in St. Maarten is also an incredible excursion!!!! We also did the 4 wheel Safari with the stop in Marigot to shop and the stop at Orient Beach for an hour or so. Great excursions!!!! We feel we can't beat playing on or in the water in the Caribbean summer!!

My family has gone on the Sea and See tour twice. We enjoyed the excursion both times. There is a tour of the island, you can shop, or climb to Fort St. Louis, plus there is a boat trip where you climb down stairs to what reminds me of a glass bottom boat. Everyone has a window. We saw lovely fish without getting wet. I had never seen a puffer fish in real life before. We even saw eagle rays.

My family has gone on the Sea and See tour twice. We enjoyed the excursion both times. There is a tour of the island, you can shop, or climb to Fort St. Louis, plus there is a boat trip where you climb down stairs to what reminds me of a glass bottom boat. Everyone has a window. We saw lovely fish without getting wet. I had never seen a puffer fish in real life before. We even saw eagle rays.

Is this a Princess excursion or a private one?

If you like snorkeling, Rumbaba Charters in St. Thomas is wonderful. We e-mailed Capt. Bobby to book the tour and he called for credit card info to hold our spot. We then paid cash after the tour, which is a little cheaper than paying by credit card. He will pick you up in Red Hook and take you to a spot in the National Park. He will only take three couples which is nice.

While you are snorkeling, he and his girlfriend, Karen, prepare your lunch. You get to choose from gilled tuna, mahi mahi, chicken or filet mignon. You will have a snack going over and a snack coming back. Your drinks are also included. You will not go hungry and the food is excellent! After you have lunch, he will take you to another spot for snorkeling or laying on the boat and napping --whichever you want to do. Here's his e-mail address:

rumbabac@rumbabacharters.com

I can't remember the website address but you can do a search on Rumbaba Charters.

If you're a scuba person, stay away from the discover scuba at Coki beach at St. Thomas. It was not worth the money. We went diving off the beach where hundreds of feet are churning up the water constantly. Didn't get to see anything but silt.

On the other hand, the discover scuba in St. Maarten takes you to a shipwreck site and you can dive among a sunken submarine and several wrecked sailboats, as well as canons that fell from the ruins of a Fort above the site.

We are also going on the Caribbean Princess on September 30. I appreciate

this site and was wondering if Terre remembers the price of Rumbaba

Charters. Their site doesn't seem to list it.

Has anyone used a private company in St. Martens that they could recommend. We also like a lot of activities like snorkeling, biking,

etc.

Thanks!

Rumbaba is $125 per person and what I hear is nice. If you don't need to have steak/mahi mahi, want to do a half day to have time for shopping, etc. and wanna save a few bucks I suggest the Aqua Mania tour($35pp) You get snacks and drinks included!

http://www.stmaarten-activities.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=42&Itemid=26

Archived