Sunday in Bermuda?

1Canada Cruiser

Hello.........We will be in Bermuda on August 27 06 on the Crown and it seems to me I have heard or even read on CC the stores for the most part are closed. Can anybody confirm this? I realize the excursions will be going but what about shopping? Three women are anxiously waiting for an answer. Thanks so much.

Hello.........We will be in Bermuda on August 27 06 on the Crown and it seems to me I have heard or even read on CC the stores for the most part are closed. Can anybody confirm this? I realize the excursions will be going but what about shopping? Three women are anxiously waiting for an answer. Thanks so much.

As I understand the stores at the Dockyard will be open. Shame though to waste a day in Bermuda shopping. :-)

By the way I will also be in Bermuda on the Crown Princess on August 27 and there are a bunch of others too that read Cruise Critic. We have a roll call at:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=178011

Are any other "attractions" open in Hamilton on Sunday to visit?

We will be there Sunday 7/22. Don't want to go there only to find everything closed.

Thanks you for your answers!!!

In the past attractions and stores was closed on Sunday in Hamilton. Stores by law. Stores are now allowed to be open on Sunday. Don't know if they are though. Hopefully someone who has been there recently will comment.

If you are going to be in Bermuda on the 22 from the Crown Princess which docks at the Royal Dockyard I would not bother going to Hamilton anyway. I suggest making that day a beach day or taking a taxi tour of the island if you are not a beach person. Or visit the "attractions" at the dockyard which no doubt will be open. Otherwise there would be no point to the ship docking at there on a Sunday.

Archived