Reservations for Uffizzi gallery?

I have found a few sites to reserve tickets but they are actually kind of expensive...

For 5 -6 people I am getting quotes between 120 euros - 170 euros. Does that sound right to you?

if anyone knows of a less expensive way to make a reservation please let me know. (my email: purrrrrn@aol.com)

Hi lorinphil:

I made reservations for the Uffizi Gallery, by calling this number in Italy directly:

011-39-055-294883. You press the number for English speaking and I spoke with someone directly. They asked what date and time I wanted. They then gave me a booking #, which I was to present at the gallery. There was not any charge for this service except for the phone call itself.

When we were in Florence, we decided to forego the gallery and head out to the Tuscan countryside. This was the last stop of a 12 day cruise for us, and we were so tired of the tremendous crowds. It did us all good to get out and see the most beautiful country side we had every seen. Miles and miles of rolling hills, vineyards and villas perched on hilltops as far as the eye could see. We ate lunch in Greve and visited a winery. Highlight of the day for us!

But, the gallery we will save for next time, and I will use the same reservation arrangement. I believe the individual ticket price was 11Euro.

Hope this helps.

Sue Z.

Calling the Uffizi directly is the best and cheapest way to make a reservation. There is a 3 euro reservation fee for each reserved ticket. You don't have to pay until the day you show up for entry. Check the line for people without reservations. If it is short, punt on the reservations and save the extra fee. We did this in late October.:)

Here's the website that the above posts refer to for calling directly: http://www.firenzemusei.it/00_english/servizi/index.html

We booked by phone for the Accademia and it worked out great.... it was less expensive than booking through an agency and you don't pay until you arrive.... and as mentioned above, no lost $$ if you don't get there.

Archived