Legend 6/29 review - long

nybumpkin

I enjoy a nice meal at the Chart House watching them sail by, but I've been SOOL this year seeing any ship.

I flew in and out of LGA Fri/Sun looking for anything docked in Manhattan, Red Hook, or Bayonne. I did see some ship coming up the Hudson in lower Ny Harbor on Friday morning, but couldn't make her out.

I DO know what ship I'll be seeing this Sunday though! :) :)

YIKES! Almost being shot in the eye with a pellet gun? Sounds like something my 12 & 14yo boys would pull off. When my oldest DS was 7, he got a popcorn kernnel stuck in his ear the day before we were supposed to leave for a cruise!

Glad to hear your son's loved Camp Carnival. Did you happen to read the Capers from the 12 to 14yo group? I hope they still have the PS2 games, Arcade tourny and science activities!

We booked a 9A for next year.... a little bigger cabin but still the 4 of us. Right by the elevators though!

Did the boy's enjoy the pool slide? Was it open most of the time?

Was it "cooler" on the ship on day one and day 8? We did the NCL Majesty from Boston in July a couple of years ago and just about froze our southern hinneys off! Since next year we are late May planning to put a pair of sweats for each of us just in case!

Again, Thanks for the Review!

Jacquelyn :D

I keep on "just" missing her.

Pete - I was in the city today for a meeting - just barely saw her funnel from my train (Mr. Trump's new development on the West Side means our Hudson view from the train has been substantially reduced). It was all I could do to walk up 7th Avenue and turn right for my meeting rather than turn left to go to the pier! Hope you have a great Bermuda cruise!

Thanks Kathy.

BTW, I read your pre cruise stuff with bewilderment. DD got an ear infection while we were up in PLM. We ended up at the EmergentCare (or somethingg to that effect) at the intersection of 9W and Rt.81 by Grand Union, and wondered if it was the same place!

And if I'm not too soon, enjoy your Victory cruise as well!

YIKES! Almost being shot in the eye with a pellet gun? Sounds like something my 12 & 14yo boys would pull off. When my oldest DS was 7, he got a popcorn kernnel stuck in his ear the day before we were supposed to leave for a cruise!

Glad to hear your son's loved Camp Carnival. Did you happen to read the Capers from the 12 to 14yo group? I hope they still have the PS2 games, Arcade tourny and science activities!

We booked a 9A for next year.... a little bigger cabin but still the 4 of us. Right by the elevators though!

Did the boy's enjoy the pool slide? Was it open most of the time?

Was it "cooler" on the ship on day one and day 8? We did the NCL Majesty from Boston in July a couple of years ago and just about froze our southern hinneys off! Since next year we are late May planning to put a pair of sweats for each of us just in case!

Again, Thanks for the Review!

Jacquelyn :D

I should report that oldest son received a clean bill of health from our opthalmologist (although not without a lecture:) ).

I did look briefly at the 12-14 YO activities; I know PS2 was in there. I thought the "educational" activities were greatly expanded from what I've seen in the past. The 9-11s had an arcade tournament, so I suspect there's one for the 12-14s as well.

Water slide - Couldn't keep the younger two off it! (Given his eye, we kept oldest son off the slide, much to his dismay.) I tried the slide once, and we now have a rather embarassing photo that DH is threatening to send out at Christmas. It was fun, though! It was open very regularly and was well used.

Temperature - We left late and didn't make it out on deck until around 8:30 (we were just going under the Verazzano). It was still pretty warm at that point. When we returned, what I noticed most was the wind; it was very difficult to go forward on deck as we approached the city. The temperature was fairly warm, though. I packed sweaters, but I don't think we used them at all.

Thanks Kathy.

BTW, I read your pre cruise stuff with bewilderment. DD got an ear infection while we were up in PLM. We ended up at the EmergentCare (or somethingg to that effect) at the intersection of 9W and Rt.81 by Grand Union, and wondered if it was the same place!

And if I'm not too soon, enjoy your Victory cruise as well!

Same place! DH was in there the week before the cruise as well with a case of pneumonia! They know us well.

Victory's the end of August.:D

• 1 month later...
Achmad, our headwaiter. Truly the best server we’ve had on a cruise, this man was amazing. Great personality, doted on the kids, offered dinner suggestions, brought out extra dishes. He worked very well with Chandra, his assistant – when we asked to take his picture with the kids, he made sure to find a time when she was free to join in the photo. He also worked the Lido grill at lunch, and our kids reached the point where they went to the grill just to see Achmad.

I took the Legend on 8/16 to 8/24 with my family. We had the same headwaiter and assistant waiter. Compared to the other Carnival cruises we took, this was the first time our headwaiter remembered our names. Also, our food was served in a decent amount of time. On past cruises, we would be eating our salads, while almost everyone else was eating dessert.

Archived