New Zealand Post Cruise

Looking for the best way to do additional days in South Island after cruise. I would need to go and return from Auckland. I am planning on having about 5 days, ( One night in Auckland at beginning and end.) Am open to all suggestions. Would like to do some train travel as part of it.

Thanks. Robert

Looking for the best way to do additional days in South Island after cruise. I would need to go and return from Auckland. I am planning on having about 5 days, ( One night in Auckland at beginning and end.) Am open to all suggestions. Would like to do some train travel as part of it.

Thanks. Robert

Hi Robert. Re your post cruise tour, heres a link to a great web site for rail travel in NZ http://www.tranzscenic.co.nz/ This shows that you can travel from Auckland south to Wellington, cross the sea passage by ferry and then continue south by rail in the south Island. One must see trip is the Trans Alpine which runs from Christchurch across the island to the west coast.

This will let you see a lot of scenery without driving but will not give you much time for interaction with the country, so would suggest a couple of days of doing stuff at a destiantion.

Depending upon your interests, age group, fitness levels and thrill tolerance level, this could be anthying from free fall parachute jumping to some gentle winery tours. If you let me know what sort of things you are into i will offer some advice which you may find helpfull.

Regards Ian [Tauranga] NZ.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived